Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
As frustrating as it was, I’d take 11th and Martinez football over 8th and Allardyce football. At least under Roberto we looked like we were trying to entertain and do something positive. Don’t get me wrong, under martinez the bad times were infuriating, but when it was good it was really good.
Yeah, I think youre suffering from greener grass effect, and have forgotten how dire the football was under Martinez the last 2 seasons. It all seemed well and good, but during the 967th backwards and sideways pass for the sake of possessions fans wanted to just gouge their eyes out. You may remember there was a lot of booing, it was ugly football, just different ugly. Backwards passes are not as exciting as they are made up to be.

If Silva can get us going, playing decent football, having a go at EVERY team we come up against then I'm more than happy with that.
Do all of that and the wins will come easily enough against 75% of our opposition.
It's the other 25% we really need to be on the ball with and truly believe that, on our day, we can beat anybody.
Everything I'm asking for was sadly lacking throughout last season.

DBB said the “loose timescale is 10 days to a fortnight” for the appointment of our next manager.

Wednesday will take us to exactly a fortnight. I’m expecting news tomorrow that Silva is our new manager.

I suspect they always knew exactly when, they could or couldn’t announce his appointment.

Reactions: Tak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back