Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva is absolutely nailed on. We wouldn’t even bother talking to Watford if it wasn’t clear he’s the one we want. If Moshiri was willing to pay £10m+ for him 6 months ago there’s no way he won’t pay a few million in compensation (if needed).
People are just speculating because he hasn’t been announced yet and the bookies are still trying to drum up interest.
I’ll eat my hat if he doesn’t get announced this week

I wonder if interest in Silva is cooling while the wrangling goes on? I was told by a pretty decent insider that a deal in principle was agreed months ago, though clearly until he signs on the line nothing's certain. He must be very frustrated and I'm struggling to remember the last time we didn't turn the appointment of a manager into a saga.

Lost track of the Silva thing since Saturday's CL final. I take it he hasn't signed on the dotted line yet?

NEA at the moment. But to keep up my good mood it would be nice to get a manager sooner rather than later.

Lost track of the Silva thing since Saturday's CL final. I take it he hasn't signed on the dotted line yet?

NEA at the moment. But to keep up my good mood it would be nice to get a manager sooner rather than later.
I really can't see the Watford thing being an issue here. If we want Silva, we'll appoint him and if we're forced to pay some form of compensation we'll take that on the chin. At the end of the day he only had 6 months of his £1.5m pa contract left due to his widely publicised break clause.

I think this is more a case of Brands wanting to run the rule over other potential candidates before making a final decision, which is the right way to do things imo. Silva is Mosh's man, but the important daily working relationship will be with Brands, so at the end of the day he has to have the final say. I just wished he'd speed things up a bit.:)

Still hoping this falls through and a big name is appointed
Most of the teams he has managed he has left before a season. I can't see this being any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back