Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the role of David Unsworth will change when Silva arrives.
It would make sense to involve him with the first team in some capacity as he has brought so many through the academy to the first team.

Obviously we don’t know but I’m sure I remember Moyes doing well by bringing Holden into the first team staff which helped bed in a number of youngsters we had at the time .

I've been very, vewwwwwwy MEH about the whole appointment...

However, I think I'm coming round a bit, mainly based on the fact he seems keen to be here (because there's little else to base it on)...and the sooner someone is in the chair the better. Seems a lot of positives mooted from players already played for him like, which can only be a good thing I reckon...but we simply won't know if he's the answer 'til he's been asked some questions. And the biggest indication will be how he deals with the first few weeks...namely, if he ships the likes of WILLIAMS etc early doors then I'm onboard...

Well, I am anyway I suppose....y'have to be innits.

#ONWARD

Again.:bye:

I think whoever comes in will have a tough time if they dont break this old guard dressing room clique. If he comes in and wields the axe on the likes of sneiderlin, mirrallas, jags, baines, williams then he will have a chance. If not, i would imagine we will just se a repeat of the complete dross we have been served up for the past few years...Time will tell
When a team is playing well and winning matches it is easy to control a dressing room and to move on the unhappy players.

Difficulties arise when games are being lost. I don't see Jagielka, Baines, Williams or Schneiderlin as being problem players. I think they are strong determined players who have an important role in the squad , it is up to the manager to use them properly.

All dressing rooms will have strong players. The problem arises with managers who can't control them.

I wonder if the role of David Unsworth will change when Silva arrives.
It would make sense to involve him with the first team in some capacity as he has brought so many through the academy to the first team.
I have a slight suspicion he may be invited to move on.

I've been very, vewwwwwwy MEH about the whole appointment...

However, I think I'm coming round a bit, mainly based on the fact he seems keen to be here (because there's little else to base it on)...and the sooner someone is in the chair the better. Seems a lot of positives mooted from players already played for him like, which can only be a good thing I reckon...but we simply won't know if he's the answer 'til he's been asked some questions. And the biggest indication will be how he deals with the first few weeks...namely, if he ships the likes of WILLIAMS etc early doors then I'm onboard...

Well, I am anyway I suppose....y'have to be innits.

#ONWARD

Again.:bye:
It's Brands job, not Silva's.

I honestly think he will go been away in those months and will start June 1st and not go away
So do I
I’d bet my house on him and Brands working 6/7 day weeks between now and the season starting / window shutting
It’s what Brands does and what Silva will have to do if he wants to re establish his somewhat tarnished reputation

So do I
I’d bet my house on him and Brands working 6/7 day weeks between now and the season starting / window shutting
It’s what Brands does and what Silva will have to do if he wants to re establish his somewhat tarnished reputation

agreed its not like he hasn't had holiday time. they will start day 1 together and start with the ins and outs transfer wise as soon as they can

Heard the delay is because Madrid have offered him the job, lads.

It's off.

Bill's already on the phone to big Ste Walsh and Sammy Lee, getting the band back together for Sam's triumphant return.

Marcel has been told to do one as well, the blag jarg moneyball fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back