Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
even he admitted he thought it was the good manchester

Robininho thought he had signed for Man Utd if you remember

I remember that.
He was convicted he’d signed for United
Was that not just one of those rumours made up by United fans to mock City? The type when you see a 'quote' on a facebook meme or something but there's no actual corroboration of it anywhere? I remember him accidentally saying Chelsea at his unveiling, but I always thought the United thing was just a bit of a wind up.

one good thing that will go in our favour with this guy is he won't need a summer holiday as he been off since jan. hopefully straight to work from day one not like Koeman
it sounds like he's been in the wings waiting for a while now so you'd hope he watched us plenty of times and has a good sense of what is needed. None of this "i need time to meet the players and assess them" BS. If he's been watching us week in week out since January it should be pretty clear what we need and who needs binning.

Was that not just one of those rumours made up by United fans to mock City? The type when you see a 'quote' on a facebook meme or something but there's no actual corroboration of it anywhere? I remember him accidentally saying Chelsea at his unveiling, but I always thought the United thing was just a bit of a wind up.

no there was actual quotes at the time, he said he didn't realise there were two Manchester clubs

no there was actual quotes at the time, he said he didn't realise there were two Manchester clubs
Just googled it, there's no evidence of it anywhere other than on United pages or 'banter' sites. Pretty sure it's made up.

On topic, I expect this to be announced tomorrow but will start to worry slightly if it's not.

he's on his way lads

bowagon.jpg

Point stands - Moyes is a better manager than both of them

Moyes is bound to have a better PPG than Martinez and Silva as he managed about 400 odd games more than Silva

Just need a good mathematician to work out what it would be if they all managed equal ammount of games

David Moyes
Premier League Records
label.tablePlayerRecords
Matches 526
Wins 204
Draws 144
Losses 178
Goals For 690
Goals Against 657

Roberto Martinez
Premier League Records
label.tablePlayerRecords
Matches 265
Wins 81
Draws 77
Losses 107
Goals For 331
Goals Against 419

Marco Silva
Premier League Records
label.tablePlayerRecords
Matches 42
Wins 13
Draws 8
Losses 21
Goals For 53
Goals Against 80

The crap awful Echo says his arrival is imminent. It was imminent last week so now it must be even more imminent. Next week it will be highly imminent, after that who knows? This seems to have been going on so long I am already sick of him before he even arrives. Was Big Sam's arrival ever imminent or did he just appear? His departure was said to be imminent for some weeks or was it months?
Just read the book "The History of the Lost Tribe of Everton". It said the Liverpool Echo had many uses, carrying your fish and chips, lighting the fire, hanging in the outside loo for wiping your... . It never mentioned it might have been actually read.

Moyes is bound to have a better PPG than Martinez and Silva as he managed about 400 odd games more than Silva

Just need a good mathematician to work out what it would be if they all managed equal ammount of games

David Moyes
Premier League Records
label.tablePlayerRecords
Matches 526
Wins 204
Draws 144
Losses 178
Goals For 690
Goals Against 657

Roberto Martinez
Premier League Records
label.tablePlayerRecords
Matches 265
Wins 81
Draws 77
Losses 107
Goals For 331
Goals Against 419

Marco Silva
Premier League Records
label.tablePlayerRecords
Matches 42
Wins 13
Draws 8
Losses 21
Goals For 53
Goals Against 80

Not sure that Silva has managed enough PL games there for a statistically significant analysis (and it's skewed by him being parachuted into a relagation team in the first place)
But Lord Martinez's teams let in a lot of goals.
Moyes. 1.31 goals scored per game and 1.25 goals conceded per game.
Martinez. 1.25 goals scored per game and 1.58 goals conceded per game.
That's quite stark, especially considering Moyes' reputation. His teams scored more goals on average.

Not sure that Silva has managed enough PL games there for a statistically significant analysis (and it's skewed by him being parachuted into a relagation team in the first place)
That's quite stark, especially considering Moyes' reputation. His teams scored more goals on average.

Yeah Silvas only managed a little over a seasons worth of games and half them was with a hull side whos players he didn't buy

Martinez' goals against shocked me too, I think relegation was inevitable with him

that is actually very interesting haha

I mean I suppose if you factor out the few drubbings we gave sunderland during moyes reign it probably would be more like we remember haha

Dragging this ain't it?

I'm getting to the point where I don't even care any more now

He's obviously Moshiri's pick, he obviously wants the job, regardless of what I or anyone else thinks or wants

Just give it him now and we can start properly preparing for the upcoming season

one good thing that will go in our favour with this guy is he won't need a summer holiday as he been off since jan. hopefully straight to work from day one not like Koeman
But technically you cant have a summer holiday in Jan Feb March April.
He will probably be announced on the 1 st June and take the rest of the month off

I don't think so. It's almost like they're sticking with Silva as a sort of apology for getting him fired from Watford. I thought with the new info we've had on him since January, we'd at least consider other candidates, but I've never gotten the sense that that's the case
Will there be any point in reading your posts on the subject of Marco Silva for the next couple of months? We know what you think and you've nothing new to add, have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back