Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
With you Dave.... witnessed the 80s but under Martinez year 1 some of best football I have watched, school of science stuff and brilliant. I remember going to the emirates and laying arsenal off the pitch, dominated them and went behind the run of play ....walked away with draw feeling devastated
You never saw the 60s/1970 side did you? El fraudo will be a mere footnote in our history...

With you Dave.... witnessed the 80s but under Martinez year 1 some of best football I have watched, school of science stuff and brilliant. I remember going to the emirates and laying arsenal off the pitch, dominated them and went behind the run of play ....walked away with draw feeling devastated

The beacon remains lit mate.

Got to be an movement on Allardyce, even long john Silva would be a better bet than Sam.

This is true.

And six months of Allardyce is the only thing to commend Silva as nanager here IMO.

For that reason I am a heck of a lot more comfortable with him niw than I woukd have been then :blush:

3VyW.gif

You don't like the look of this? Just from him bringing 2 former players with him...

Gana / Baningime -- Doucoure / Davies
Walcott / Dowell -- Sigurdsson / Vlasic -- Richarlison / Lookman

Don't get your point...

You don't like the look of this? Just from him bringing 2 former players with him...

Gana / Baningime -- Doucoure / Davies
Walcott / Dowell -- Sigurdsson / Vlasic -- Richarlison / Lookman

Don't get your point...

Did that Richarlison not fall off a cliff after Christmas, Zat?

Davek never saw the greatest Everton side in history...the holy trinity 1970s style...Martinez's team were miles away from that standard....

At the point we sacked Koeman and Watford's form began to drop after he got linked with us they'd picked up 15 points from 9 games, if he'd kept that up Watford would have finished 7th and 3 points off Arsenal in 6th.

Watford since appointing there new manager have won 4 in 14, with 3 of those in the first 5 games, 1 win in their last 9 games, makes you think maybe they're just crap and Silva just had them motivated beyond where they should have been.

Going back to his Hull days, yeah they got relegated but had he been there the whole season he would have had them finishing 12th, he picked up 21 points from 18 games with a squad of at the time rejects from other teams, that over the whole season would have been 44 points and comfortably safe with a makeshift hull side of loanees.

Yes he's got questions about him now in terms of loyalty and it's happened at Hull and Watford because he made it clear he wasn't staying with Hull when they were going down and there results fell apart again but can't deny when he has his teams motivated and playing for him he has had impressive points totals having 2 sides massively overachieving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back