Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th highest spenders in Europe but we cant attract a decent manager? Something isnt right

No seems about right to me.

The only managers we can attract are the 1s who want a nice wedge.

None of the top, top managers are interested in money, its about building their image, building their brand, they dont do at Everton.

Our last 2 managers are getting paid peanuts by tinpot International teams.

None of the top, top managers are interested in money, its about building their image, building their brand, they dont do at Everton.

Interesting point that MG

It’s funny though, people think we can go for these managers because of the £££ like the likes of Atletico and PSG pay their managers in watermelons.

Last edited:
I must be about the only one here who’s quite excited by the news Silva will be taking over.

He’s young, hungry & has plenty of managerial experience, albeit none with the kind of financial backing he’s about to receive.

He has a major job on his hands firstly trimming this squad down, then bringing in the quality to improve us. I would hope Brands & Silva will have already identified the targets & passed this info on to DBB & the rest of the Board to start the transfer negotiations.

As a fan base we really must get behind this guy, we’ve been deprived of any type of enjoyable football since Martinez in his first season.

Silva appears to focus on high press, high energy football. He’s going to have to either change the mentality of this current squad or replace them as it’s clear few are capable of this style of football.

It is exactly how I want us to play. I’m sick of watching us sit back mid half & even deeper & try and nick something on the break with players who frankly aren’t good enough to counter attack.

We haven’t got quick ball carrying central midfielders (something Ross could have been if he’d played at 8, instead of 10).

Silva also can play two up front - another HUGE tick for me. We’ll need to buy another 9 but we needed that anyway. That signing alone could be key to next seasons success. Maybe Brands has a boss South American in the wings ready to dazzle us.

Summarising ......

Two weeks ago I was a flat as a badly made pancake, completely disillusioned with Everton & football in general.

Now, the expectation & excitement for the new season is already beginning to bubble. It feels like Moshiri has finally thought it through, hell ..... it looks like he has a plan.

Patience & understanding. That’s what we are going to need. Some of these players will have not been asked to do what this guy will demand. I’m going to enjoy the transition .......

The hopeless romantic fool that I am is anticipating a Silva lining in the future.

....... the night is darkest just before the dawn.

Last edited:
It’s funny though, people think we can go for these managers because of the £££ like the likes of Atletico and PSG pay their managers in watermelons.

The only way were getting silva is if Kenwright plucks seedless grapes from the stalk and pops them into his mouth whilst gushing about the 80s.

Alluring.

I must be about the only one here who’s quite excited by the news Silva will be taking over.

He’s young, hungry & has plenty of managerial experience, albeit none with the kind of financial backing he’s about to receive.

He has a major job on his hands firstly trimming this squad down, then bringing in the quality to improve us. I would hope Brands & Silva will have already identified the targets & passed this info on to DBB & the rest of the Board to start the transfer negotiations.

As a fan base we really must get behind this guy, we’ve been deprived on any type of enjoyable football since Martinez in his first season.

Silva appears to focus on high press, high energy football. He’s going to have to either change the mentality of this current squad or replace them as it’s clear few are capable of this style of football.

It is exactly how I want us to play. I’m sick of watching us sit back mid half & even deeper & try and nick something on the break with players who frankly aren’t good enough to counter attack.

We haven’t got quick ball carrying central midfielders (something Ross could have been if he’d played at 8, instead of 10).

Silva also can play two up front - another HUGE tick for me. We’ll need to buy another 9 but we needed that anyway. That signing alone could be key to next seasons success. Maybe Brands has a boss South American in the wings ready to dazzle us.

Summarising ......

Two weeks ago I was a flat as a badly made pancake, completely disillusioned with Everton & football in general.

Now, the expectation & excitement for the new season is already beginning to bubble. It feels like Moshiri has finally thought it through, hell ..... it looks like he has a plan.

Patience & understanding. That’s what we are going to need. Some of these players will have not been asked to do what this guy will demand. I’m going to enjoy the transition .......

The hopeless romantic fool that I am is anticipating a Silva lining in the future.

....... the night is darkest just before the dawn.

I've moved you into the column of 'intelligent posters'.

Silva will be fabulous.

Literally can think of only two positives to getting Silva

1 - he’s not Sam Allardyce

And

2 - He seems to really want to manage us which is nice. But might make him slightly mentally unstable.

Imagine waking up after a long night dreaming of being able to coach the likes of Ashley Williams to play total football.

The man's a psychopath

I think silva deserved plaudits for taking on that Hull job, I’m sure he would have job offers from other “easier” leagues and teams were a trophy was a given

To take that impossible task at Hull was quite commendable

Imaging waking up after a long night dreaming of saying to Marcel sell those shithouses Williams, Martina, Bolasie and Schneiderlin then buy me some top Euro/South American togger-stars with pace, power and silky skills to replace them. Use the £4 raised from those sales and the other €100+m Moshiri has given you. We'll nip off for a crazy weekend in Ibiza with our families with any spare cash :cheers:

The man's a visionary ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back