Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing Football Manager, minding my own business...when this happened...

upload_2018-5-29_2-32-37.webp

Was up for this a weeks ago and will still get 100% behind him now we're on the eve of the announcement seemingly but I can't help but feel underwhelmed. We need a major name, the club has to do something to make the rest of football world sit up and take notice. I really can't be doing with another Martinez, a manager who dresses nice and talks lovely but is insistent on playing a certain way ultimately turning us into a mid-table outfit. Silva needs to get a lot right and do it quickly.

He needs to make some very good signings and be ruthless in discarding all and any deadwood. One thing I did like about Koeman was the fact he refused to give the time of day to players who were clearly not good enough but having 3 holidays though during that summer that we appointed him was very detrimental to our preparation. He clearly had no clue about our squad when he started and I don't think he ever fully made up his mind what he thought we needed in order to be the type of team he wanted us to be. This time the manager needs get to work straight away, not just coming in 3 days a week and getting off before 4pm. Finch Farm needs to be chocker with activity every day leading up to the opening game.

Last edited:
Was up for this a weeks ago and will still get 100% behind him now we're on the eve of the announcement seemingly but I can't help but feel underwhelmed. We need a major name, the club has to do something to make the rest of football world sit up and take notice. I really can't be doing with another Martinez, a manager who dresses nice and talks lovely but is insistent on playing a certain way ultimately turning us into a mid-table outfit. Silva needs to get a lot right and do it quickly.

He needs to make some very good signings and be ruthless in discarding all and any deadwood. One thing I did like about Koeman was the fact he refused to give the time of day to players who were clearly not good enough but having 3 holidays though during that summer that we appointed him was very detrimental to our preparation. He clearly had no clue about our squad when he started and I don't think he ever fully made up his mind what he thought we needed in order to be the type of team he wanted us to be. This time the manager needs get to work straight away, not just coming in 3 days a week and getting off before 4pm. Finch Farm needs to be chocker with activity every day leading up to the opening game.

The one thing Everton dont need is a 'big name'.

Again, Silva (or whichever other manager it may be) will be barely doing any of the transfers in or out... It will be Brands doing that. The new manager will be a Head Coach, working solely on training and getting the team together. Brands will be bringing in new players and culling the deadwood.

Hope them lengthy talks include a target list.

Wonder how Brands will decide who to sell without working with them first.

If he has watched us, I believe he would have done it sparingly in his own time. He’s a man of integrity, he’s given all his energy and focus to PSV.

He’s a hard worker, he’ll find out what the score is with players soon enough if no preparation has been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back