2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decision depends who we have lined up i think.

Within the club they will know now that either they employ a top manager or the fans wont get behind the new appointment.

So many fans didnt get behind Silva and didnt give him a chance. It would be pointless to fire him without a manager the club can get behind.

I also dont think it would be a short term Moyes type appointment as that will turn the fans against the board having experienced Allardyce and the reaction leaving his job untenable.

So either Silva stays or its a top notch guy who comes in...thats my feeling.

....not sure what a ‘top notch guy’ is, indeed I have no idea who our next manager should be. It’s clearly the most difficult challenge a club owner faces and we’ve seen that in recent years with the likes of United, the Reds and Arsenal struggling to find the right man.

The timing isn’t good, many managers are gainfully employed in the early season.

I can't accept the list of candidates is as glum as it's made out. It would be more sheer defeatism from the board.

I can see they may not want a new manager facing the next two away games.

But I'd be happy to see a caretaker in on the condition that work to appoint someone was well advanced, and would be limited to a game or two only. (Heath/Sheedy or both?)

We cannot go on as we are. Not can we have Unsworth back in that role.

....not sure what a ‘top notch guy’ is, indeed I have no idea who our next manager should be. It’s clearly the most difficult challenge a club owner faces and we’ve seen that in recent years with the likes of United, the Reds and Arsenal struggling to find the right man.

The timing isn’t good, many managers are gainfully employed in the early season.
Are there any free agents that you like the look of or someone who would jump at the chance to salvage this supposed project from another team ?

The board have yet again messed it all up. The majority of us knew over a month ago now that Silva was done. You can’t have a start to the season like we have. Getting beat by a host of the worst teams I’ve witnessed and continuing to do so. We should have had a new man in charge weeks ago. But now we are in the same situation as 2 years ago. The useless board will have no idea what to do. It’s actually worse this time. Can’t turn to Unsworth for a few games as that was disaster. No way any sane fan would except Moyes or anyone like that. We ain’t gonna get a top class manager. Not a chance with theses idiots in charge. Which leaves us taking a punt on someone. We are in big trouble.

Supporting this club is miserable. It's so frustrating when almost every single fan is saying the same thing yet the club blubber along trying to be nice.

Being branded the people's club has been a curse. Stop being nice and be ruthless. Time this club had a major detox from all the deadwood and idiotic rose tinted idiots living in the past (yes you Kenwright).

The once great Everton getting smashed at home to Norwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back