2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any free agents that you like the look of or someone who would jump at the chance to salvage this supposed project from another team ?

....I honestly think it’s lots to do with the right man, at the right time in the right place. Brands as DoF takes much of the transfer responsibility, so it’s much more about coaching, team selection and man-management.

I’m not keen on the merry-go-round of usual candidates. I’d prefer a young, dynamic coach with a history of building a successful team but I have no idea who that man is.

The board are not soft they know the next 2 games are away from home and can escape a baying home crowd.

The fans have to take some responsibility in all of this - there should be alot more angst against Silva & the board than what there has been prior to yesterday.

In the case of the board - they have gotten away scott free so far.

....and they might think we will lose at Leicester anyway, so let Silva manage that game rather than a difficult start for the new man.

....and they might think we will lose at Leicester anyway, so let Silva manage that game rather than a difficult start for the new man.

Same can be said for the next 6 games.

Do you leave it to Silva to deal with until after the City game on new years day and boot him. Or do you get a new manager in now and hope the 'new manager bounce' is enough to see it through until the start of Jan.

If you leave it for Silva until new years day, we could be well into the relegation zone potentially cut adrift and a new manager having to deal with that situation.

The board have created this mess themselves, they should have got rid after the Burnley game and then there is time for a new manager to build up confidence and results ready for the Christmas period, or ****mas period as I'm now calling it.

The board are not soft they know the next 2 games are away from home and can escape a baying home crowd.

The fans have to take some responsibility in all of this - there should be alot more angst against Silva & the board than what there has been prior to yesterday.

In the case of the board - they have gotten away scott free so far.

Our fans (even though I love them) are a mirror image of the team. 40000 Zombies yesterday watching the game and I was one of them. Some boos at the end is all we could muster. I watched the southampton fans stare blankly into space during the match when we beat em. Looking around yesterday we were the exact same. 1 thing comes from that. We go down.

I dont think our board are that smart mate! I honestly would rather they just give the Leicester game to Royle and have the new fella through the door in time for the Derby and hope new manager bounce gets us atleast a plucky draw and we go from there.

If that's the case Silva will be here till January we might lose every 1 of those games it's a decent possibility now that we go through December without a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back