2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like friggin' groundhog day, this.

Much as I hated him and I'm not advocating for him in any way at all, the only manager since Moyes not to do this at some point was Large Samuel.

Being an Evertonian is gash sometimes.

Our fans (even though I love them) are a mirror image of the team. 40000 Zombies yesterday watching the game and I was one of them. Some boos at the end is all we could muster. I watched the southampton fans stare blankly into space during the match when we beat em. Looking around yesterday we were the exact same. 1 thing comes from that. We go down.

There is definitely apathy I dont blame them (I've barely gone this season myself) but thats largely down to trying to keep away until Silva has gone - my arl fella has taken my lad the last few home games and they are both fed up whereas I've stayed home and gotten work done whilst casually watching on a bitty stream.

Considering I've missed family weddings to go watch us away from home in the past I honestly am at the point of jacking it off certainly if Silva stays or Moyes comes in.

Can't believe we have to deal with this fraud. Allardyce was way better. Fact. We just wanted style over substance. Trendy young manager over unfashionable dinosaur, who incidentally improved our form in a horrendous season. This clown has taken us backwards. Genuinely concerned for our future in this league after yesterday.

....not sure what a ‘top notch guy’ is, indeed I have no idea who our next manager should be. It’s clearly the most difficult challenge a club owner faces and we’ve seen that in recent years with the likes of United, the Reds and Arsenal struggling to find the right man.

The timing isn’t good, many managers are gainfully employed in the early season.

If were looking at those perceived as top notch then:

Allegri and Pochettino are out of contract
Gallardo just lost the cup with river plate yesterday
Ten Hag is on comparable peanuts at Ajax

Those would be the first 4 calls i would be making.

Our fans (even though I love them) are a mirror image of the team. 40000 Zombies yesterday watching the game and I was one of them. Some boos at the end is all we could muster. I watched the southampton fans stare blankly into space during the match when we beat em. Looking around yesterday we were the exact same. 1 thing comes from that. We go down.
It's like the lifeblood has been sucked out of us. Were all waiting for something to go wrong which it often does.
Think all that Everton fans want is a high tempo, get at them, give it a good go type of play that gets the crowd going

Him not being sacked already, too me shows they have nobody lined up. They've been banking on him turning it around and really don't want to go down the interim route again. But it's hit the fan now and they have wasted 2 international breaks doing nothing.

Well unlucky Marco as they should of shown you mercy as you're clearly not good enough but you'll be left to face the toxicity every week now until you're removed in January.

Why was he made captain? Took it of Digne to give it to him?!

Must be because of his drive, commitment and ability to inspire when the going gets tough.

this is the bit that just bemuses me. A guy who is very consistent, the fans love and seems to have some fight is given the armband. Then it’s taken off him for a player who is utterly wank and has only just come back into the team

imagine how demoralising that would be for Digne

this is the bit that just bemuses me. A guy who is very consistent, the fans love and seems to have some fight is given the armband. Then it’s taken off him for a player who is utterly wank and has only just come back into the team

imagine how demoralising that would be for Digne
Add to that, he's given it round in the past to Davies who has been one of our only positives as of late, but doesn't consider him for the role again.

Has Digne done something wrong to not merit the role or does Silva simply not value the captaincy role and passes it around to everyone and anyone?

No wonder we lack leadership on and off the pitch, when the players aren't given the chance to shoulder the real responsibility or it's quickly taken away from them.

What I'd do now for a Dave Watson, Kev or Labone!

I don't trust this club to find a decent replacement for Silva.

They went from Moyes to Martinez. From Martinez to Koeman. From Koeman to Rhino/BFS and from Rhino/BFS to Silva!

We've literally downgraded every single time we've changed manager. I genuinely fear that we'll end up with some sort of "old boys" team of Big Dunc, Osman and Hibbert as joint managers or somthing equally horrifying next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back