2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the bit that just bemuses me. A guy who is very consistent, the fans love and seems to have some fight is given the armband. Then it’s taken off him for a player who is utterly wank and has only just come back into the team

imagine how demoralising that would be for Digne

Imagine how Iwobi must feel when at least when he’s on the pitch he puts the effort in and then he gets dropped for this half assed, one paced, one trick pony, £50odd million worth off crap! And THEN after the game the manager cries about having no pace or attacking urgency in the team!!

I don't trust this club to find a decent replacement for Silva.

They went from Moyes to Martinez. From Martinez to Koeman. From Koeman to Rhino/BFS and from Rhino/BFS to Silva!

We've literally downgraded every single time we've changed manager. I genuinely fear that we'll end up with some sort of "old boys" team of Big Dunc, Osman and Hibbert as joint managers or somthing equally horrifying next!

This is absolutely true and we wonder why we haven’t progressed.

Add to that, he's given it round in the past to Davies who has been one of our only positives as of late, but doesn't consider him for the role again.

Has Digne done something wrong to not merit the role or does Silva simply not value the captaincy role and passes it around to everyone and anyone?

No wonder we lack leadership on and off the pitch, when the players aren't given the chance to shoulder the real responsibility. What I'd do now for a Dave Watson!

it just stems from someone who is clearly out of their depth.

doesn’t know his best 11
Doesn’t know how to setup a team for different styles
Doesn’t know his captain

I hope he doesn’t know how to get to Finch Farm on Monday

If were looking at those perceived as top notch then:

Allegri and Pochettino are out of contract
Gallardo just lost the cup with river plate yesterday
Ten Hag is on comparable peanuts at Ajax

Those would be the first 4 calls i would be making.

Allegri & Mancini should be our main targets imo.

I really like Ten Hag but I worry that we dont have the players to play his style and it'll be Martinez all over again.

Sadly we all know it'll be Moyes or Howe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back