2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually amazed at how bad this season has gone, honestly didn’t expect it to be anywhere near this level of bad.

if they don’t sack him after this then I’m afraid we all may as well just give up with any expectations of trying to progress as a club.
The writing was on the wall last season, but the board just buried their heads in the sand after a few favourable results at home against 'expected loss' teams.
This was always going to happen with silva at the helm.

Just because he didn't get sacked last night doesn't mean they have decided to give him more time. There is actually more chance of him being sacked today than last night. They never had an emergency directors meeting right after the game just to decide to give him more time. There would have been no need for a meeting at all to decide that, just carry on as normal. More than likely yesterday was the final nail in the coffin and the meeting was Moshiri telling the other clowns that his time is up and sort it tomorrow or the like.

I think there will be an announcement today and he will be sacked. There is no coming back from that monstrosity of a performance at home in front of the main hierarchy yesterday. It was a very significant turning point imo.

Just because he didn't get sacked last night doesn't mean they have decided to give him more time. There is actually more chance of him being sacked today than last night. They never had an emergency directors meeting right after the game just to decide to give him more time. There would have been no need for a meeting at all to decide that, just carry on as normal. More than likely yesterday was the final nail in the coffin and the meeting was Moshiri telling the other clowns that his time is up and sort it tomorrow or the like.

I think there will be an announcement today and he will be sacked. There is no coming back from that monstrosity of a performance at home in front of the main hierarchy yesterday. It was a very significant turning point imo.

I think he's gone myself - as you say its a matter of when not if.

Considering the time it takes appointing a new manager (factoring in them having talks etc) you would hope we sack Silva by tomorrow and give Unsworth/Royle Leicester and the Derby before the new manager is in the door ready for Chelsea at home.

Obviously if its Moyes they'll just get him in ASAP.

Reactions: Lob
After a restless nights sleep ive woke this morning none the wiser.

Yesterday ? Well we seen it coming (or some of us did) . Then no sacking like any other club would do ....not surprised either.
Wheel out the club captain to pacify the fans....same again...expected.

What irks me most tho is the team rooted to the bottom of the Prem were actually the better side yesterday in every department.

Thats a really scary thought.

Surely , surely this cant go on .Pull the trigger Farhad (we'll have better days!!!) as there are more days like yesterday on the horizon.

I think he's gone myself - as you say its a matter of when not if.

Considering the time it takes appointing a new manager (factoring in them having talks etc) you would hope we sack Silva by tomorrow and give Unsworth/Royle Leicester and the Derby before the new manager is in the door ready for Chelsea at home.

Obviously if its Moyes they'll just get him in ASAP.
If they was smart enough it would be done within 24 hours. Spurs sacked Poch at 8 in the evening and had Mourinho in at half 6 the next morning.

This in a nutshell, no one in that ground at board level will have been jovial about hearing the boos and chanting hence why the meeting was called, they know they can’t keep him in charge or the fan base will turn to a nuclear level of toxic, worse than when Martinez was near the end.

Reactions: Lob

He isn't being sacked yet due to the upcoming hard fixtures.
If a new manager comes in against our next 6 opponents and doesn't do well there will calls for him to be sacked aswell

pushing f5 all the time to refresh the page of club's twitter account but still no announcement

If they was smart enough it would be done within 24 hours. Spurs sacked Poch at 8 in the evening and had Mourinho in at half 6 the next morning.

Think that will only happen with Moyes tbh mate. I imagine Spurs had been in talks with Jose for days if not weeks beforehand.

Considering our board are like a deer in the headlights - any new manager outside of an interim will now need to be approached and a deal whacked on the table etc. Which will take around a week or so to get done - just in time for either the midweek derby game or a fortnights time with Chelsea at Goodison with the fans behind the new bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back