2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same can be said for the next 6 games.

Do you leave it to Silva to deal with until after the City game on new years day and boot him. Or do you get a new manager in now and hope the 'new manager bounce' is enough to see it through until the start of Jan.

If you leave it for Silva until new years day, we could be well into the relegation zone potentially cut adrift and a new manager having to deal with that situation.

The board have created this mess themselves, they should have got rid after the Burnley game and then there is time for a new manager to build up confidence and results ready for the Christmas period, or ****mas period as I'm now calling it.

We should have cut our losses at the end of last season, by keeping him we have wasted yet another season. I`m sure you all know my views on this but when you look at his past in the PL he always had major dips in form but it was masked by the fact he was at Hull and Watford but Watford had the balls to sack him!

Something our board lack

this is the bit that just bemuses me. A guy who is very consistent, the fans love and seems to have some fight is given the armband. Then it’s taken off him for a player who is utterly wank and has only just come back into the team

imagine how demoralising that would be for Digne
To be fair I don’t think anybody can work out Silva’s thought processes. Its as clear as it possibly can be that Siggurdson, Schneiderlin & Tosun shouldn’t be in the team yet they’ve played for last 2 games!

After yesterday's line up (which was borderline gross negligence) I imagine he's just as confused as to why he is still here as we are.

Every manager sits in a win/win scenario, especially when reputations seem to take relatively little damage after each appointment, out of the 3 mercenaries since Bobby, only BFS sounded like he actually wanted to keep the job.

Having money is actually causing us problems everywhere, motivation is being traded off. If I was running this show, my next manager interviewee would have to convince a table of actual football people (Reid, Sharp etc) that they have an obsessive hunger for the game as bare minimum.

mancini is the only possibility out of them 3, and it’s a very very very slim possibility

If the board offered £7 million+ he'll dump Italy like a hot potato.

My worry is the club seem to be reigning in the spending - we went from paying Koeman/BSA £6 mil a year to paying Silva half of that.

If we go down that trend of paying pennys we have zero chance of appointing a top manager certainly in our current position.

Imagine how Iwobi must feel when at least when he’s on the pitch he puts the effort in and then he gets dropped for this half assed, one paced, one trick pony, £50odd million worth off crap! And THEN after the game the manager cries about having no pace or attacking urgency in the team!!
423285B8-5C64-4A08-8C9F-81E057A9A9DD.webp

Should have been sacked weeks ago.

Weak boardroom management.

I have no faith in anyone at Everton anymore... it’s rotten to the core.

Our great club is dying from the inside out!
There has been a lack of leadership at the club for the last 25 years .my hope when moshiri took over there would be a clean sweep of the old guard and people brought in to drive the club forward on and off the pitch .my hope is we haven't got a suitable manager lined up which means it's not going to be a Moyes Hughes type appointment .
But who knows

If were looking at those perceived as top notch then:

Allegri and Pochettino are out of contract
Gallardo just lost the cup with river plate yesterday
Ten Hag is on comparable peanuts at Ajax

Those would be the first 4 calls i would be making.

Ten Hag sounds great but our players are too slow to play his way most likely

Not just pace but slow in the mind

To be fair I don’t think anybody can work out Silva’s thought processes. Its as clear as it possibly can be that Siggurdson, Schneiderlin & Toruń shouldn’t be in the team yet they’ve played for last 2 games!

I think the phrase:

“throwing [Poor language removed] to the wall to see what sticks”

Sums up his managerial ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back