2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a truly terrible manager that totally and utterly deserves the sack imo but I honestly don't think another manager (especially the ones that are being seriously suggested) will get much better from the gang of horrible bellends we have for a team.
You must not have watched the game yesterday, we got a great performance from a team which must be sadly lacking in confidence, yesterday will not have helped.

I genuinely believe this bunch of players are good enough to get in the top six, but, unfortunately, not with this manager.

Leicester are the flavour of the month and we made them look very ordinary, but I think the manager lost his nerve at the end and tried to settle for a point, we paid the price.

Amazing the difference between Leicester who fired Ranieri and Puel for doing better than Silva is doing and hired Rodgers and us who basically look at who is flavour of the month in the lower end of the prem for making our managerial appointments.

We have zero ambition as a club. Zero. Leicester were a newly promoted team not that long ago and since coming up have won a title and played European football as well as recruiting miles better than us.

We’re a complete and utter shambles top to bottom and quite frankly if we didn’t have an odd home advantage a Goodison we’d have gone down by now. It looks as though that advantage might have gone this season anyway.

You must not have watched the game yesterday, we got a great performance from a team which must be sadly lacking in confidence, yesterday will not have helped.

I believe this bunch of players are good enough to get in the top six, but, unfortunately, not with this manager.

Leicester are the flavour of the month and we made them look very ordinary, but I think the manager lost his nerve at the end and tried to settle for a point, we paid the price.
This

I genuinely believe this bunch of players are good enough to get in the top six, but, unfortunately, not with this manager.

I went the game. I saw fight from the team at certain points and a bit of flair here and there, but when it came down to the crunch, when the team had to stand up and be counted, they crumbled as usual. Because they're gutless.

"We made them look ordinary" meaning we had loads of position, played tippy-tappy football but ultimately wilted away under pressure as the game wore on.

The manager is crap but I'm not giving these players a pass anymore. They're just as responsible for our current position as Silva is.

Is 11:00 some sort of deadline that you cannot go beyond or something? LoL

If he was going to be sacked today, it could be anytime today including this evening tbh.

If they sack him it wont be done after half/all day of training imo.

A board meeting will be done early doors and Silva called in to the office to be punted. Pretty sure Koeman was sacked in this manner.

Amazing the difference between Leicester who fired Ranieri and Puel for doing better than Silva is doing and hired Rodgers and us who basically look at who is flavour of the month in the lower end of the prem for making our managerial appointments.

We have zero ambition as a club. Zero. Leicester were a newly promoted team not that long ago and since coming up have won a title and played European football as well as recruiting miles better than us.

We’re a complete and utter shambles top to bottom and quite frankly if we didn’t have an odd home advantage a Goodison we’d have gone down by now. It looks as though that advantage might have gone this season anyway.

I was hoping that Brands would give us this, this bit more ruthlessness and planning.. however the public backing of him before this run of fixtures has proper messed with my head, don't see the goal of it at all specially as he isnt unto it.

We have no fore site or no ability to plan these things.

If they sack him it wont be done after half/all day of training imo.

A board meeting will be done early doors and Silva called in to the office to be punted. Pretty sure Koeman was sacked in this manner.

Koeman was sacked after the morning training session, Allardyce didn’t get the post season briefing session, Martinez was effectively sacked in the Sunderland board room but wasn’t announced till next day

With a fully fit squad, absolutely. With the players we have available, we should not be anywhere near the bottom three and should be about 10 points clear of 18th. It's clear the injuries have played a huge role in our downfall, but the manager should have enough about him to get more out of the players he has available.

This 100%.

But untill it happens and we at least try something different, we'll never know

Silvas inability to change our tactics to counter the oppositions is a big issue. Against Brighton they brought on the left winger & again against Leicester when they switched to 2 up front.

Starting with Sneid, Sig, DCL, Tosun or Micheal Keane should also be a sackable offence. None of these were bought by Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back