Martinez Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is Moshiri going to learn? So far his most successful appointment has arguably been Fat Sam who was brought in to avoid relegation which he managed to do. Some could argue Ancelotti was a successful appointment as he had the best win ratio of all the recent managers but having his leave so suddenly was hardly a success.
BBS was a success for one season then declined very quickly. I don't remember anything from his first stint at the club to give a reason to bring him back. My lasting memory of his time as manager is the frustration over his insistance on zonal marking that just didn't work and ended up getting him sacked. Maybe he's learnt from his time with Belgium and he's a more tactically astute manager now but it is still a risk to bring him back.
After so many failures, Moshiri needs a sure thing to steady the ship which is probably a mission impossible. The last thing he needs is another huge gamble.

So if Martinez comes back, it’s another complete change of style. Slow possession based football. All the wingers we have been stocking up with become a bit surplus.

We will go back to passing out from the back and getting pressed into errors. The defending won’t improve either as that is not a Martinez strong suit.
He’s only succeeded at Belgium because of the top players he can choose from and they are still coming up short, what’s he going to do with our lot, don’t let him anywhere near the place, Martinez here was done years ago please keep it that way.

Really hoping Moshiri stops this nonsense. It’s clearly a Bill Kenwright inspired production. First season aside, Martinez was absolutely turd for us, let’s have it right. Sacking Brands/not letting him do his job will go down as the worst thing of the Moshiri era. He got rid of the one fella who knew anything about football. He wanted Potter and to build long term, and he almost certainly wouldn’t be going near Martinez with a barge pole.

Very worrying times ahead. Just hope we end up with Dunc till the end of the season.

I honestly think I’d rather Big Sam back than Martinez and that’s saying something, this is turning in to a horror movie. Just give Dunc the job atm, not to many will argue with that. It’s as if they are trying to turn the fans against the club if they are thinking about bringing back the likes of Martinez, why stop there has Koeman been mentioned yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back