Martinez Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trophy wise, but he’s always been there or there about nearing the end of the competitions he’s took Belgium to. Let’s say he’s been semi successful, but I agree he hasn’t been great, with the great players he has at his disposal
England have got to more finals and semi finals than his Belgium

Did nobody ever make a bit of a hash in their career but then reflect, work with better people and improve? With Thierry Henry and Vincent Kompany amongst others around him I think he’d get us playing attractive, entertaining football. I certainly wouldn’t have the animosity towards him that some on here have.
Whomever comes in probably gets 25-30 mins of the first game before there’s discontent.
Plenty of shouts for Galtier - I know very little about him really other than he’s done great at Lille and Ok at Nice, but it could go equally south for him in the Premier League. likewise Kovac and Favre. It’s a difficult job getting the right man in, and unfortunately it seems all of us don’t trust the board to get it right.

The problem is the board is ignoring the fans dislike of a manager who's crap in the summer, then again ignoring the fans dislike of a manager who's crap.

The fan base has been fracture all season between fans who want to support the team no matter what and fans who feel they can't support a manager who's so diametrically opposed to what everton stands for as a club.

Now instead of bringing in a manager that the whole fanbase can get behind their looking at brining in another manager that will split the fanbase.

Regardless of how bad a manager martinez is, Regardless of the fact he sued the club, Regardless of the fact he took us from being a European team to a relegation battling team ignoring all of that he simply can't unite the fan base and that should be item one of the attributes of the next manager.

If we’re back in for Roberto Martinez then as a club we really haven’t learned anything.

After a good start it got worse and worse under him the first time and there is no evidence it will be different this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back