Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we aren't allowed to change our opinion?

Koeman made some really big mistakes early on in his reign here.

The team he put out for the league cup was a disgrace.

His comments on Lukaku going on to a bigger club were unacceptable.

We pay him £6m a year to make us a club people can fulfil their potential at, not other clubs.

You've praised Dave for sticking to what he wants, but then say I would have us a relegated mess? He wanted Martinez (who has already been a relegated mess) to stay as manager!

Opinions change. Koeman has shown he can adapt, something which myself and many thought he was incapable of.

The jury is still out however, next season will be when we can really know if he is the real deal or not. At this point in time, I can safely say that Koeman is 10x the manager of Martinez.
Ten times the manager after doing what? Win a few games in the last month after stinking the place out for a season?

He's got a long way to prove himself at this club. He has just overseen a season which ended early in January. You say he's a better manager than Martinez when Martinez's first season here has produced a record and a standard of football that Koeman will never get near...even if he's allowed to continue his policy of liberally throwing 20 odd million quid at players.

Ten times the manager after doing what? Win a few games in the last month after stinking the place out for a season?

He's got a long way to prove himself at this club. He has just overseen a season which ended early in January. You say he's a better manager than Martinez when Martinez's first season here has produced a record and a standard of football that Koeman will never get near...even if he's allowed to continue his policy of liberally throwing 20 odd million quid at players.

Ahem..
same question Dave, So.....As I agreed with you earlier, Incredible first season, INCREDIBLE !!! We were all "Bob's got this" Players playing with confidence, Goals a plenty, Lot's of running to the manager for goal celebrations....then
er..Baines fake apology, Strange post game comments, Lukaku and Miralles giving it the gurn when hearing the news about the Belgium Coach post....
What the hell went wrong in your opinion ?

The Bard said it best.

Marc Antony, at Ceasar's funeral.

"The evil that men do lives after them.....the good is oft interred with their bones"

And so it goes that the Cavalier spirit and unbridled optimism of 2013/14 is expunged from out history.

The great European run the following season never happened.

The fantastic, flowing football in the first half of last season is completely overlooked and only the dark says that were the last few months remain.

Bobby is not to be given any credit for signing Lukaku, Barry, Holgate, Jimmy Mac, Galloway or the rapidly coming into vogue Joel.

Oh no.....he only signed McGeady, Cleverly, Kone and Omar.

He never gave John Stones his break and netted us a profit of around £45 million.....or made Ross a permanent fixture in his starting XI.

No, sir.

It was three years of unremitting doom and gloom :mad:

The revisionists tell us this.....so it must be true.

Because Brutus is an honourable man :p
One of my favourite posts ever on GOT, this.

Come on mate, Roberto took us from 5th to 13th, that isn't revisionism, it's undeniable fact. That trend continues and we get relegated, it's as simple as that. Luckily our beautiful Iranian prince came along.

Oh, I am not saying Bobby's goose wasn't cooked and I agree with you that we would have been under serious threat of relegation happen he had stayed even another year.

His race was run and he needed put out of his misery before the team took the pitch at Wembley and no mistake.

I am merely pointing out that it was not three years of nothingness and there were some great times under his stewardship.

Also he signed some very good players, many of whom are central to our recent upturn in form.

Them's the facts wot's "undeniable", Mike :p

Oh, I am not saying Bobby's goose wasn't cooked and I agree with you that we would have been under serious threat of relegation happen he had stayed even another year.

His race was run and he needed put out of his misery before the team took the pitch at Wembley and no mistake.

I am merely pointing out that it was not three years of nothingness and there were some great times under his stewardship.

Also he signed some very good players, many of whom are central to our recent upturn in form.

Them's the facts wot's "undeniable", Mike :p

No one is saying the 13/14 season was awful though mate, that would be true revisionism. The fact he took us from 5th to 13th is where the rightly deserved criticism comes from, and gets completely brushed under the carpet as if we're still in May 2014 by an individual in this thread.

Stop trying to be dave mate, you are better than this.

We had one very good season, 2 appalling season and he left us in a shocking and backwards condition than when he took us over. Hence now the new manager having to weed the squad of players such as Niasse, McGeady, Kone etc.....we don't need to state the obvious to you.

I'm all for a bit of banter, but being the forum WUM's sidekick and partner in drudgery is not something a grown man should be aspiring to.

It really does undermine owt you say when you preface your post with a smart Alec remark which makes you look the opposite of smart.

And if you cannot make a reasoned, or at the very least civil, response to the points I make then I suggest you would have been better off sitting on your hands and not typing that nonsense, which if it was designed to insult me instead just makes you look a bit of a twerp.

And a bully.

Sorry, Thomas :(

No one is saying the 13/14 season was awful though mate, that would be true revisionism. The fact he took us from 5th to 13th is where the rightly deserved criticism comes from, and gets completely brushed under the carpet as if we're still in May 2014 by an individual in this thread.

We are not talking about @davek Mike.

We are talking about what I said.

And that was an observation that Bobby Martinez has been painted as some sort of pantomime villain by many round these parts and none of them are prepared to admit there were good things as well as bad.

You have become way too consumed by your hatred of Bobby.

Just let it go.....the man is gone now.

Things are really looking up for us and I for one would rather look forward to what is ahead of us instead of constantly rehearsing old battles.

;)

We are not talking about @davek Mike.

We are talking about what I said.

And that was an observation that Bobby Martinez has been painted as some sort of pantomime villain by many round these parts and none of them are prepared to admit there were good things as well as bad.

You have become way too consumed by your hatred of Bobby.

Just let it go.....the man is gone now.

Things are really looking up for us and I for one would rather look forward to what is ahead of us instead of constantly rehearsing old battles.

;)

My hatred of him is based on events that happened in chronological order, as in taking us from 5th to 13th and making me endure some of my most miserable match-going experiences. You're talking as if the good times came after the bad ones and we're just choosing to ignore them. Simply miles from the truth, the fact is that we were heading towards relegation battles and he wasn't arsed and wasn't attempting to do anything about it.

I'd say it's the people that are clinging to 3 years ago that have the issue myself, people that would rather us lose games to justify their agenda against our CURRENT manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back