Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

Opinions change throughout seasons. Naturally.

My point that Koeman won't keep the names I highlighted stands, and his is the only opinion that matters.

Look at where Cleverly, Niassé ended up and who McCarthy and Koné were linked.

Martinez deserves no credit at all for Lukaku, everyone knew how good he was.
Lol.

Just Lol.

Lol.

Just Lol.
Dave, there is simply no defending the way in which Martinez left this club.

We are very lucky he is no longer than manager, he would have kept all the players that Koeman has shipped out and we would have been in serious danager of relegation.

I honestly believe that you are the only Everton fan that believes he is a superior manager to the one we currently have.

I'm not even Koeman's biggest fan, but he is ten times the manager that fraud will ever be.

Dave, there is simply no defending the way in which Martinez left this club.

We are very lucky he is no longer than manager, he would have kept all the players that Koeman has shipped out and we would have been in serious danager of relegation.

I honestly believe that you are the only Everton fan that believes he is a superior manager to the one we currently have.

I'm not even Koeman's biggest fan, but he is ten times the manager that fraud will ever be.

Absolutely wasting your energy mate. Every single Everton supporter knows it's correct what you're saying, and we're all glad he's gone.

I personally think Martinez had to go and there's numerous valid critiques you could lay at his door, but to deny him credit for going after Rom is utterly baffling to me

If it was so obvious how great Rom was, then why were Chelsea so happy to see him go? Martinez saw something in Rom that a much superior manager in Jose Mourinho didn't. For that, he deserves credit, as he does for trying to give youth a chance and for also being a decent cup manager

I really don't see how you can deny him these things, even though I'd agree that his flaws outweighed his strengths, particularly in the Premier League

Again, I think he'll do well as Belgium manager because he have an excellent pool of players to draw from. I fully expect him to get to the latter stages of the World Cup. Again, he's a decent cup manager and that'll serve him well in his current job. If he ever tries a comeback to the Premier League though I think he'll revert to type and take whoever that unlucky side is crashing down the table

He should think about a team like Osasuna or Levante in La Liga when it comes to his post-Belgium career. That'd be a good job for him. Lower half of the table and a Cup run there would be considered a success and his style would suit the League more

I personally think Martinez had to go and there's numerous valid critiques you could lay at his door, but to deny him credit for going after Rom is utterly baffling to me

If it was so obvious how great Rom was, then why were Chelsea so happy to see him go? Martinez saw something in Rom that a much superior manager in Jose Mourinho didn't. For that, he deserves credit, as he does for trying to give youth a chance and for also being a decent cup manager

I really don't see how you can deny him these things, even though I'd agree that his flaws outweighed his strengths, particularly in the Premier League

Again, I think he'll do well as Belgium manager because he have an excellent pool of players to draw from. I fully expect him to get to the latter stages of the World Cup. Again, he's a decent cup manager and that'll serve him well in his current job. If he ever tries a comeback to the Premier League though I think he'll revert to type and take whoever that unlucky side is crashing down the table

He should think about a team like Osasuna or Levante in La Liga when it comes to his post-Belgium career. That'd be a good job for him. Lower half of the table and a Cup run there would be considered a success and his style would suit the League more

He tried to get Demba Ba on loan at the 11th hour and was given Lukaku instead.

Just wonder how much the Belgian pay him for the job. Could it be so low that it becomes the advantage. No sane FA would hire such inept individual (can't setup a defence whatsoever). Don't forget he is set for life after ripping £10m off this club so wages would not be the problem.

Martinez in his first season was a breath of fresh air after Moyes's last few seasons. His second season was very disappointing after his efforts in the previous season and it was mentioned it may be second season blues (which I hoped to as I actually liked the guy). His 3rd season was ruddy awful and his stubbornness was showing through. In the end there was no option he had to go for the sake of the club. I hope Martinez does well for Belguim which he should do with the class of player at his disposal, it's very unfortunate he had that awful stubborn streak and simply did not learn by his phenomenal mistakes in the 3rd season.

Funny you should mention majorities. The majority of your preferred teamsheet were Martinez signings over a month ago.
Koeman has yet to make the squad his own, so it's hardly a surprise, is it?

Robles

Williams Holgate Mori

Coleman Gueye Schneiderlin Baines
Davies (interchange with Barkley or Mirallas)

Lukaku

Would be my preferred now that Koeman has found a system that gets the best out of the squad he has at his disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back