Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with football that resembles football and not Aussie Rules football. Martinez had us purring with football from the Gods for a season or so.

You mean a season. Full stop. Followed by 2 seasons of some of the most dire, boring stuff I've ever witnessed from an Everton team.

I how you like to perpetuate this myth that Martinez's style was so much more attractive than that of Moyes/Koeman, but the truth is Martinez's football was unbelievably dull for his last 2 seasons. It was often a struggle to make it through 90 minutes of the sleep inducing, side-ways passing, spineless rubbish he used to serve up.

Martinez tried...pretty much did some good and some bad. The positivity he brought to the club after moyes was good an early days were decent. Shame about the end.
The only thing he tried to do here was sacrifice results and the club's general wellbeing in the name of his little vanity project. He achieved absolutely nothing and left us in a much worse state then we were in before he arrived. The 'good' he managed he is limited to the signings of Lukaku and Barry and bringing a few younger players through that had they been left under his management would of fallen apart in time. The bad is far to much to write without going on for pages and pages. The positively he brought was all a facade used to mask his incompetence and general stupidity. If by 'shame about the end' you mean the two full seasons of total dross then ye it's a dam shame. It's a shame he ever darkened the doors of Goodison in the first place as far as I'm concerned.

You mean a season. Full stop. Followed by 2 seasons of some of the most dire, boring stuff I've ever witnessed from an Everton team.

I how you like to perpetuate this myth that Martinez's style was so much more attractive than that of Moyes/Koeman, but the truth is Martinez's football was unbelievably dull for his last 2 seasons. It was often a struggle to make it through 90 minutes of the sleep inducing, side-ways passing, spineless rubbish he used to serve up.
Can't really agree with that mate. First half of last season are attacking play was as good as we've seen in a long time. Nothing boring about it. It was the defence that was letting us down.

Hugely frustrating? Definitely. Boring? absolutely not.

The middle season was largely crud and the second half of last season too when it was clear that the players just weren't arsed any more.

The only thing he tried to do here was sacrifice results and the club's general wellbeing in the name of his little vanity project. He achieved absolutely nothing and left us in a much worse state then we were in before he arrived. The 'good' he managed he is limited to the signings of Lukaku and Barry and bringing a few younger players through that had they been left under his management would of fallen apart in time. The bad is far to much to write without going on for pages and pages. The positively he brought was all a facade used to mask his incompetence and general stupidity. If by shame about the end you mean the two full seasons of total dross then ye it's a dam shame. It's a shame he ever darkened the doors of Goodison in the first place as far as I'm concerned.

Robles doing okay But I concede towards the end was pretty flat it was not all bad. Allez allez allez ohhh.

You're living in a world of caricatures mate.

We played probably some of our best stuff under Martinez in the first half of last season when we had very good form. And the second season up until the away game at Spurs was very acceptable form given we were also juggling the EL campaign.

It was a way of playing football that we haven't seen at the club since the glory days: on the ball, controlling the tempo of games and constructing passing moves. That was a major shift in emphasis from the crude direct football we'd seen in the decade or so before it...the muck you no doubt prefer.

Can't really agree with that mate. First half of last season are attacking play was as good as we've seen in a long time. Nothing boring about it. It was the defence that was letting us down.

Hugely frustrating? Definitely. Boring? absolutely not.

The middle season was largely crud and the second half of last season too when it was clear that the players just weren't arsed any more.
Correct.

As said, he deals in caricatures just like the rest of the bitterarti he's an example of.

Robles doing okay But I concede towards the end was pretty flat it was not all bad. Allez allez allez ohhh.
It was shocking mate, truly abysmal. We won twelve home league games in his second and third seasons combined! It was an atrocious two seasons, the only saving graces that they had going for them were cup runs that amounted to nothing. Reaching the last sixteen of the Europa League or the semi final of the league/FA cup doesn't count as an achievement. Goodison was a wretched place to go for the last two year's, people talk about positivity but I've felt more positive vibes at Goodison this year then I ever felt under Martinez. It's not surprising that the best atmosphere of all last season in the league was the final home game against Norwich after he got the sack!

The mans an utter fraud, thankfully Ronny K is shifting the utter tosh he left us with sharpish.

Record Book Roberto.

Guess when the next Everton manager has a season like that 2013/14 one again in the next generation? It's a trick question. The answer, of course, is never.

An audacious and breathtaking campaign. Yer Koe-moan's of this world aren't up to it., that's for sure. All he can do is squeal his plums off and demand the chequebook so he can secure 7th place.

Record Book Roberto.

Guess when the next Everton manager has a season like that 2013/14 one again in the next generation? It's a trick question. The answer, of course, is never.

An audacious and breathtaking campaign. Yer Koe-moan's of this world aren't up to it., that's for sure. All he can do is squeal his plums off and demand the chequebook so he can secure 7th place.

Ya man Roberto spent 50m to take us from 6th to 13th.

My man Ronny has spent MINUS 5m to take us from 13th to 7th, imagine when he unleashes his true power.

Record Book Roberto.

You think we won't finish fifth for another generation?! Wow........ That's taking negativity and propaganda to a whole new level.

Ya man Roberto spent 50m to take us from 6th to 13th.

My man Ronny has spent MINUS 5m to take us from 13th to 7th, imagine when he unleashes his true power.
Ha Ha. I love your facts and figures. They're funny.

Koeman spent more in two weeks this January than any previous Everton manger has ever spent in an entire season.

Chequebook Ronnie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back