Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
What back peddling?

It;s a fair point I make: those over the moon with this Koeman effort but derogatory about what Martinez did in that first season can maybe get a flavour of it by trying to imagine now this manager piling on another 22 points out of the last 27 available this season.

If they're honest they'll hold their hands up and accept it was a sensational, never to be repeated first season in the job by any Everton manager.
Honestlg I will agree with you the first season with Martinez was sensational, I was even more excited then than I am now, but looking back Moyes defensive structure was still in place and we went under the radar. The way he conducted himself in the media in the following two years tarnished that first year totally.

Much better place now. If you can't see that then your in the minority.

Big minority in fact but you seem to take pleasure in that.

Honestlg I will agree with you the first season with Martinez was sensational, I was even more excited then than I am now, but looking back Moyes defensive structure was still in place and we went under the radar. The way he conducted himself in the media in the following two years tarnished that first year totally.

Much better place now. If you can't see that then your in the minority.

Big minority in fact but you seem to take pleasure in that.

I think its more of a case of both Brenda and Martinez caught the league off guard. The league eventually adjusted, and neither one of them did.

Martinez is a good fit for Belgium. There is the talent to play the style of football he wants to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back