Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberto has the best win% of any Everton Manager of the post-Kendall (mk1) era.
Did better with Liverpool than Martinez did with Everton.

Two peas in a pod, though, those two. Both devotees of the Guardiola tiki-taka possession based football, without the madness of Pep or his vision to tinker with it, as he did last season at City.

I can't say I watch many Liverpool games so can't comment on Rogers, but Martinez's Everton team too often seemed more concerned with not losing the ball and playing pointless, tedious, square or backwards passes. How often did we Seamus race to the edge of the box and check back before laying it off to someone else, starting the move all over again rather than getting the ball into the box for a possible attempt at goal as he did under Moyes and in Roberto's 1st season, before his tactical genius worked its magic? They were a caricature of Roberto's beloved Barcelona.

Two peas in a pod, though, those two. Both devotees of the Guardiola tiki-taka possession based football, without the madness of Pep or his vision to tinker with it, as he did last season at City.

I can't say I watch many Liverpool games so can't comment on Rogers, but Martinez's Everton team too often seemed more concerned with not losing the ball and playing pointless, tedious, square or backwards passes. How often did we Seamus race to the edge of the box and check back before laying it off to someone else, starting the move all over again rather than getting the ball into the box for a possible attempt at goal as he did under Moyes and in Roberto's 1st season, before his tactical genius worked its magic? They were a caricature of Roberto's beloved Barcelona.

I agree with the above, except I'm not a pea in Roberto's pod, I'm just pointing out he has the best win% since Kendall.

I'm a devotee of 80's & mid-90's style Everton football. We might finally see a return to it under Marco...hopefully.

I agree with the above, except I'm not a pea in Roberto's pod, I'm just pointing out he has the best win% since Kendall.

I'm a devotee of 80's & mid-90's style Everton football. We might finally see a return to it under Marco...hopefully.

Hope you're right about Marco! I've not been as optimistic as this since about 8pm, 16/4/2014 when we went behind against Palace. Downhill all the way for Roberto after that.

As for the win %, I think you're right, marginally, but it's all thanks to that 'record-breaking' 1st season. It would have plummeted had he not been put out of his agony by the 'carpetbagger'.

Doh! Shocked and disillusioned by this. I took every word of @davek as Gospel, now I'm as flummoxed as 'the maestro' was by a decent, well-organised French defence.
I'm sure Dave got a couple of things right during the World Cup. Although all his CL predictions turned out wrong, except the one about Liverpool not winning i.

I see David Moyes is being mentioned as a strong candidate for the USA job.

Looks like being a failed an ex Premier League manager, with Everton on your CV is now a prerequisite for an international job.

Then came Koeman and Allardyce....a couple of own goals - Robertonians 2-0 Plotters.
Both of them won the same amount of trophys as Martinez without the embarrassing league form. All three are crap but i'd still sooner of sat through the last two seasons under Moonhead and BFS then suffered another week of Martinez. Final score remains: Plotters 1-0 Cultists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back