Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'll find he is.

Oh dear.

Once again, @davek is proved correct. Here's the latest odds:

7-4 Zinedine Zidane
8-1 Antonio Conte
8-1 Mauricio Pochettino
10-1 Massimiliano Allegri
12-1 Louis Enrique
16-1 Carlo Ancelotti
16-1 Ryan Giggs
16-1 Didier Deschamps

20-1 Leonardo Jardim
20-1 Rafael Benitez
20-1 Gareth Southgate
20-1 Eddie Howe
20-1 Marco Silva
20-1 Roberto Martinez

Bobby back in the pack there, tucked in alongside Southgate, Howe, Benitez, and our Marco! I'm off to the bookies now!!

Part of me would like Martinez to get the United job

It'll be the final litmus test for him in club football

If he fails there then he'll never get a club of that caliber again, but if he succeeds then the world will be his oyster

However, I think he's found his niche in international management and I would like him to stay the course with Belgium and see if he could win something with them. International football is perfect for his managerial style

7-4 Zinedine Zidane
8-1 Antonio Conte
8-1 Mauricio Pochettino
12-1 Louis Enrique
16-1 Carlo Ancelotti
16-1 Ryan Giggs
16-1 Didier Deschamps

20-1 Leonardo Jardim
20-1 Rafael Benitez
20-1 Gareth Southgate
20-1 Eddie Howe
20-1 Marco Silva
20-1 Roberto Martinez

Bobby back in the pack there, tucked in alongside Southgate, Howe, Benitez, and our Marco! I'm off to the bookies now!!
Joe Kinnear lurking out of sight at 25-1 - Roberto in good company.

7-4 Zinedine Zidane
8-1 Antonio Conte
8-1 Mauricio Pochettino
12-1 Louis Enrique
16-1 Carlo Ancelotti
16-1 Ryan Giggs
16-1 Didier Deschamps

20-1 Leonardo Jardim
20-1 Rafael Benitez
20-1 Gareth Southgate
20-1 Eddie Howe
20-1 Marco Silva
20-1 Roberto Martinez

Where`s the Allardyce option ???

Roberto wouldn’t take it. He’s hit the jackpot already. A world class squad that he doesn’t have to put together or do any transfers for, belonging to a nation with rock bottom international expectations therefore every single thing he does is a record of some sort, backed by an FA who can’t afford anyone better so he is practically unsackable. Add to that nearly all his players play in the prem so he doesn’t even have to travel round. It’s the perfect job. All he has to do is get the best squad in Europe into the last 4 of tournaments and he’s all good (a feat that even Southgate managed with a far inferior squad). Why trade that for an actual serious job testing yourself in the premier league and the CL with expectant fans?

Roberto wouldn’t take it. He’s hit the jackpot already. A world class squad that he doesn’t have to put together or do any transfers for, belonging to a nation with rock bottom international expectations therefore every single thing he does is a record of some sort, backed by an FA who can’t afford anyone better so he is practically unsackable. Add to that nearly all his players play in the prem so he doesn’t even have to travel round. It’s the perfect job. All he has to do is get the best squad in Europe into the last 4 of tournaments and he’s all good (a feat that even Southgate managed with a far inferior squad). Why trade that for an actual serious job testing yourself in the premier league and the CL with expectant fans?

He took up the challenge of Wigan and handed them a cup that club would expect to win every Preston Guild; he took up the challenge of teaching a team full of hoof merchants that Sgt Major Moyes left him and turned them into one of the most stylish teams in the PL who set club records...before they decided they wanted their hoofball back, the 'kin no-mark Judas gets.

I really dont think sitting in the comfort zone can be levelled at RM. He'll bide his time and get a really good Euro club. We all know that's inevitable. The job he's done with Belgium has been stunning.

7-4 Zinedine Zidane
8-1 Antonio Conte
8-1 Mauricio Pochettino
12-1 Louis Enrique
16-1 Carlo Ancelotti
16-1 Ryan Giggs
16-1 Didier Deschamps

20-1 Leonardo Jardim
20-1 Rafael Benitez
20-1 Gareth Southgate
20-1 Eddie Howe
20-1 Marco Silva
20-1 Roberto Martinez

Obviously I am blind to el fraudo.....eyesight not what it used to be.....lol

He took up the challenge of Wigan and handed them a cup that club would expect to win every Preston Guild; he took up the challenge of teaching a team full of hoof merchants that Sgt Major Moyes left him and turned them into one of the most stylish teams in the PL who set club records...before they decided they wanted their hoofball back, the 'kin no-mark Judas gets.

I really dont think sitting in the comfort zone can be levelled at RM. He'll bide his time and get a really good Euro club. We all know that's inevitable. The job he's done with Belgium has been stunning.

West Ham it is then.

Stunning? He has taken arguably the best squad of international footballers and achieved a 3rd placed finish in WC. I would say a par performance at best (and I like bobby so no agenda here but come on, let's be realistic).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back