Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are looking at it with blinkers on -RM had a shoestring budget - imagine what he would have done with todays funds....
just look at Timmy's performances - Danny Ings scored from a corner in the Derby from a yard out as Timmy watched on - Tim coward cost us many points too many..........
2-0 up at Chelsea at fault for every goal... got beat 3-2 the list goes on I remember it all - yet undroppable ......??????

You are focusing on one player instead of the absolute and complete failings of the manager, which I find very, very strange Joey.

The same player kept us in games in his time at Everton.

Shall we list all of Martinez's failings or would we be here all night?

Bobby took Howard aside early on and told him to play like Gigi Buffon. It should in no way reflect on Bobby that Howard wasn't capable of playing like Buffon. The way Bobby wanted to play relied on Tim being Buffon, Kone being Messi, Barry being Pirlo, Alcaraz being Maldini etc etc The failings of that time are on them not being good enough and not on Bobby.

Apparently :Blink:
Timmy played like a coward..........eyes shut - stuck on his line like glue , and oh his star jumps... well past his best.....
yet undroppable I suspect RM had no say in it..........

Timmy played like a coward..........eyes shut - stuck on his line like glue , and oh his star jumps... well past his best.....
yet undroppable I suspect RM had no say in it..........
As excuses go for El Failure this is right up there with the most desperate: it was all Tim Howard's fault and and he couldn't be dropped by his own manager because he wasn't allowed to pick his own team.

Just lollollol

I forecast it Timmy was a liability I have watched some great keepers for the blues from Gordon West onwards - Timmy was only ever a shot stopper. no positional sense other than stand on his line or run out like a headless chicken - If he was that good no way would SAF sold him to us...... in his latter years he was a total liability costing us games left right , and centre - so don't call me a buffoon just go to Specsavers ........
tell me what timmy has done since leaving us?.... a 3 year contract at the age of 33 years old all based on one world cup game ........
He was finished yet still played with his star jumps, his eyes shut, and he stood on his line like glue with a good defence in front of him - Robles kept more clean sheets than Timmy -to the end then when recovering from injury straight back in the team having howlers too many to mention - RM had to persevere with him as it was if someone at the club made him undroppable ......
Yes it did cost RM his job..........
RM doing well at Belgium - he will do well anywhere will RM........
Joel should have replaced Howard earlier than he did. Howard was a great servant, but he went down the toilet, and at one of the few Martinez era matches I did see, he was horrible. I think it was Defoe who was able to score with ease because Howard was so far out to the right. Criiiiiinge. I mean, Joel was gash at first but after he had time to settle into the side, he did improve as a goalie. More vocal too. I'm still mad that he left and not that giant Dutch blert, but then Joel's wanted out for ages anyway so it was inevitable.
Bobby took Howard aside early on and told him to play like Gigi Buffon. It should in no way reflect on Bobby that Howard wasn't capable of playing like Buffon. The way Bobby wanted to play relied on Tim being Buffon, Kone being Messi, Barry being Pirlo, Alcaraz being Maldini etc etc The failings of that time are on them not being good enough and not on Bobby.

Apparently :Blink:
Maybe Howard misheard it and thought he said 'play like a buffoon'. :hayee:

He will - just don't have a donkey of a keeper who was past like Timmy in goal - cost RM his job with us...........
Joey, it wasn't Howard's fault. He was past it and was a liability at times but its hardly his fault if the manager keeps selecting him to play is it? Even if all our problems at the time were all down to somthing as simple as just the keeper alone (and its not close to being true) it's still on Martinez for selecting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back