Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, it looks like Roberto has taken that lot as far as he can. Something that happened with the Moyes donkeys he inherited.

RM should now grab one of the better Euro club jobs he can and leave the Belgians to it.

This is 24 karat pure comedy gold.

Those league 1 standard Belgians, Martinez has rinsed them for all their worth but there is no educating pork, eh?

A lot of people rushing to jump on the bandwagon to criticise 'El Gaffer'. Not me.

It was a freak result - they happen to the best of managers.

Their centre-forward, who normally couldn't hit a barn door, was in a phenomenal moment of form.

Rom 'Hot Shot' Lukaku was missing - his mobility and hold-up play would have given Bobby's boys much more control.

I'm pretty sure I spotted Jags and Baines having a coffee with Felli and Kompany in Manchester last week - say no more.

View attachment 51339

He failed to get Belgium qualify for the Nations League Semi.

A lot of people rushing to jump on the bandwagon to criticise 'El Gaffer'. Not me.

It was a freak result - they happen to the best of managers.

Their centre-forward, who normally couldn't hit a barn door, was in a phenomenal moment of form.

Rom 'Hot Shot' Lukaku was missing - his mobility and hold-up play would have given Bobby's boys much more control.

I'm pretty sure I spotted Jags and Baines having a coffee with Felli and Kompany in Manchester last week - say no more.

View attachment 51339

@deipnosophist can you confirm?

That result was typical Martinez and just showed every reason why he will never be a top manager. The formation he chose, the style of play and the players selection. All he needed to do was not lose by two or more, however he decided he would play how he always plays, total football. On top of that he included Tielemans and Chadli, two players who have been central to Monaco's shocker of a season and both played their part in Belgium's shocker yesterday.

For all of Martinez's good points, he will always come short because he just doesn't seem to get the idea of horses for courses and in a game like yesterday he could have easily played a simple game where they keep it tight and he had the players up top to nick the goal in hazard etc.

To summarise : He`ll never ever learn from his mistakes, because he knows best and will always come up short.

Newcastle beckons.

It`s time to move on Dave.

He`ll just let you down time and time again.

Yet again he`s shown that he`ll always be an utter clown.

Sorry, but it`s time to let go x

Laughing at this stuff from the dwindling band of refuseniks.

The World Cup dealt a death blow to you lot. Roberto a respected coach the world over since that. You lot with your anger management problems left in tatters to post bitter tosh on a forum.

The world's unfair, I suppose. :coffee:

The World Cup dealt a death blow to you lot. Roberto a respected coach the world over since that. You lot with your anger management problems left in tatters to post bitter tosh on a forum.

Sorry Dave, he`ll always be the Bridesmaid, never the Bride.

Martinez and Southgate both did well at the World Cup , roberto admittedly with a better squad but Southgate has obviously continued that good form into this next tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back