Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consistently successful teams also have a budget of hundreds of millions to attract top class players Dave so of course they can play great football. Everton playing like Barcelona was never ever going to happen with McCarthy, Jagielka and Timothy Howard in the team.
That's true. I salute the intent though. And I'd rather have us go to Man City and try and win than go there and park the bus trying desperately to cling onto a point like a bunch of 'kin cowards or a non-league club.

That's true. I salute the intent though. And I'd rather have us go to Man City and try and win than go there and park the bus trying desperately to cling onto a point like a bunch of 'kin cowards or a non-league club.
Thing is this has been disproven for us twice now. the other week we sat back and should have lost. then going back 3 years ago we went to the etihad to match them in martinez first season in charge and their far better midfield just overpowered us in the second half.

Sadly the city game is a great example of why signing the players we do (minus rom) is not bridging the gap between us and the top teams.

Even Gueye has been less effective now the opposition aren't crap

Thing is this has been disproven for us twice now. the other week we sat back and should have lost. then going back 3 years ago we went to the etihad to match them in martinez first season in charge and their far better midfield just overpowered us in the second half.

Sadly the city game is a great example of why signing the players we do (minus rom) is not bridging the gap between us and the top teams.

Even Gueye has been less effective now the opposition aren't crap
I'm of the opinion that you face all teams in this league the same way: you set up to win, home or away. A team that does that and buys into a way of playing will get more points than a team of the same quality that targets draws as well as wins.

lollol What was Graeme Jones doing at OT yesterday, 36 players in the match day squads, 1 Belgian and what more could he learn about Felliani?

The dope.

Consistently successful teams also have a budget of hundreds of millions to attract top class players Dave so of course they can play great football. Everton playing like Barcelona was never ever going to happen with McCarthy, Jagielka and Timothy Howard in the team.

...is what we all believed until ranieri farted into the space time continuum, and created a parallel universe in which a solid defensive unit allied to pace, graft and goal poaching can challenge the established elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back