Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha ha.

Long time lurker. In fact very long lurker here (about 5 years) and finally decided to post albeit as some kind of outlet for my frustration! Regarding Martinez, there are so many positives that he has to offer us...Days like that win at OT, the dismantling of arsenal, and that lovely feeling of actually looking forward to watch us...

Your first post.

Lol.

Ha ha ha.

Your first post.

Lol.

Nice of you to cut half the post off. Top editing skills. And I also add we hadn't shipped 4 at home to Stoke and got the clubs worst home record in history either. Or lose 2 semi finals with gutless defending. Or were those Semis actually huge achievements for a club like Everton? I seem to remember reading that guff somewhere...

Imagine considering it an achievement to take a top 10 team into the round of 32 in the World Cup. lol

With the players that are in that Belgium team the absolute bare minimum they should be getting too in a tournament is a semi-final. I seriously doubt Martinez will even get them out of their group though, especially if they get drawn with another big hitter country and two other reasonably solid-at-the back ones.

Nice of you to cut half the post off. Top editing skills. And I also add we hadn't shipped 4 at home to Stoke and got the clubs worst home record in history either. Or lose 2 semi finals with gutless defending. Or were those Semis actually huge achievements for a club like Everton? I seem to remember reading that guff somewhere...
...but but but "that lovely feeling of actually looking forward to watch us..."

...surely not from "the fraud"? :coffee:

What record? Points don't mean anything at the end of the season... league placing does... would you rather finish a season in second place with 80 points or first with 70?

You keep saying he gave us our best ever prem season... he didn't ... Moyes got 4th ...RM didn't ... and that one fluke season he couldn't repeat... he finished 11th twice... surely that is a more accurate reading of his management skills?

In here now Tel, we gonna talk about the fraud in the fraud thread rather than litter Ronny the Kings thread with fraud talk.

...but but but "that lovely feeling of actually looking forward to watch us..."

...surely not from "the fraud"? :coffee:

I miss that feeling. Excited to watch the next game.

Our ex-boss and the club management and the players all took part in the descent into crapness that came after it.

such a football cliche that the boss is the one that gets the majority of the stick.

Maybe. But it's a bit of a leap from 'joy to watch' to 'he's a fraud'.
Not really.

First seasons - boss. Everton are boss. Life is boss.

Second season - bit meh, let's say it's due to Europa, even though we were absolute turd in the league.

Third season - maybe with no Europa... oh no wait, even worse. In fact, the worst home record in our entire history.

I'd say it's an absolutely normal progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back