Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
????? is that some mixed up xmas soda?

Meant to write Father Christmas but somehow halfway through I ended up writing Santa. I blame it on being traumatized because a 3 meter high Christmas tree poped up in my house.

I'm guessing it's the Belgium equivalent of Father Christmas - the poster is from Belgium?

No in Dutch it's simply Kerstman and in French Père Noël. I just failed.

Meant to write Father Christmas but somehow halfway through I ended up writing Santa. I blame it on being traumatized because a 3 meter high Christmas tree poped up in my house.

No in Dutch it's simply Kerstman and in French Père Noël. I just failed.
no doubt berto was impressed with the phenomenal amount of ground father santa covers in one night, to be fear he is about as real as his footballing philosophies

Just putting this here, for people who might like to see this:

https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_la-tribune?id=2161391

Martinez interview (approx. 70 minutes long). Haven't watched the entire thing myself because it hails from the RTBF, they don't make the best football programs plus they incorporate lots of cringy things. Also they dub people; every language except Dutch gets dubbed in French. Except Martinez assistant coach; for some reason he wasn't dubbed. From the few things I've seen it talks about his football philosophy, how to communicate, Father Santa with Everton and other stuff.

Would rather pour burning hot acid into my eyes than watch that.

no doubt berto was impressed with the phenomenal amount of ground father santa covers in one night, to be fear he is about as real as his footballing philosophies

But is he willing to play Christmas time football, that's the question.

Well it was right behind the bit that stated how much Everton supporters liked him and such. It's literally him as a blue Santa and a couple of pensioners. After that it's his dancing video. Cringefest as usual with the RTBF. Then him talking Lukaku ...

One thing I liked was his Tielemans bit; he really rates Tielemans as do I.

Well it was right behind the bit that stated how much Everton supporters liked him and such. It's literally him as a blue Santa and a couple of pensioners. After that it's his dancing video. Cringefest as usual with the RTBF. Then him talking Lukaku ...

The mans an utter fraud.

Tielemans is going to be some player...where does he talk about him?

Just putting this here, for people who might like to see this:

https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_la-tribune?id=2161391

Martinez interview (approx. 70 minutes long). Haven't watched the entire thing myself because it hails from the RTBF, they don't make the best football programs plus they incorporate lots of cringy things. Also they dub people; every language except Dutch gets dubbed in French. Except Martinez assistant coach; for some reason he wasn't dubbed. From the few things I've seen it talks about his football philosophy, how to communicate, Father Santa with Everton and other stuff.
Not available in this country.

The mans an utter fraud.
That feller doesn't see what you see mate. He's like other non-jaundiced football people on the outside of an Everton forum that sees a manager with a CV that reads:

laid the basis for the creation of an established PL club in Swansea
gave a pub team like Wigan it's one and only great event and put it on the football map
took Everton in three seasons to its points record, playing its best football for a generation
reinvigorated his national team by utilising all it's creativity unlike their dullard Moyes-like previous coach

Beyond a hard core of cyberspace haters and the semi-literate hacks from the Echo, that's what everyone sees when they see Martinez.

^^^^The inconvenient truth.

That feller doesn't see what you see mate. He's like other non-jaundiced football people on the outside of an Everton forum that sees a manager with a CV that reads:

laid the basis for the creation of an established PL club in Swansea
gave a pub team like Wigan it's one and only great event and put it on the football map
took Everton in three seasons to its points record, playing its best football for a generation
reinvigorated his national team by utilising all it's creativity unlike their dullard Moyes-like previous coach

Beyond a hard core of cyberspace haters and the semi-literate hacks from the Echo, that's what everyone sees when they see Martinez.

^^^^The inconvenient truth.

Oh Dave, you never fail to outdo yourself.

Could also say...

Laid the basis for the creation of an establish (albeit now relegation-threatened, through no fault of RM's) PL club in Swansea.

Took a Wigan side that had finished consitently mid-table down to the Championship.

Took an Everton side consistently finishing top 8 to two consecutive bottom-half finishes. The first time that had happened in 15 years.

Managed to get the best out of a world-class team of players when they played the mighty Estonia

And I like RM. But there's two sides to every coin.

Oh Dave, you never fail to outdo yourself.

Could also say...

Laid the basis for the creation of an establish (albeit now relegation-threatened, through no fault of RM's) PL club in Swansea.

Took a Wigan side that had finished consitently mid-table down to the Championship.

Took an Everton side consistently finishing top 8 to two consecutive bottom-half finishes. The first time that had happened in 15 years.

Managed to get the best out of a world-class team of players when they played the mighty Estonia

And I like RM. But there's two sides to every coin.
Agreed. I'm saying that if you're looking for positives as well as negatives then they are all there with Martinez. That's what others outside a determined hard core of haters can see.

........Beyond a hard core of cyberspace haters and the semi-literate hacks from the Echo, that's what everyone sees when they see Martinez.

^^^^The Inconvenient truth.
Inconvenience comes in many degrees and truth in many shades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back