Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. Football is only about winning. Or getting the desired result. If you do that, that is pretty entertaining.

Bayern Munich 0 0 Everton as exhibit #1.

Only meant anything in the context of a two legged tie and exciting victory...exhibit #2 Everton 3-1 Bayern Munich...that's why we remember the encounter.

So you wouldn't take a league trophy if football was played ugly and dull for 38 games?? You'd refuse to accept the title because it was not done to your entertainment standards.

Everton should be about winning
All the other teams can provide entertainment for me on the Sunday afternoon

I believe in winning and good football. I'll take winning without the latter, but it's not fulfilling the entertainment aspect of football. And football should ALWAYS seek to entertain.
Try reading the posts you respond to.

Only meant anything in the context of a two legged tie and exciting victory...exhibit #2 Everton 3-1 Bayern Munich...that's why we remember the encounter.

I just remember being breathless with excitement watching the 1st leg on TV.

The 2nd leg was even better, granted, but if we hadnt been so utterly brilliant in Germany, well, no one will ever know.

I believe in winning and good football. I'll take winning without the latter, but it's not fulfilling the entertainment aspect of football. And football should ALWAYS seek to entertain.
Both would indeed be nice but it's a very distant priority for me. Winning should always come first, second, third and fourth with playing nicely while doing so a distant fifth. I'm never entertained when Everton lose, no matter how well we've played. I don't really understand this notion of needing to be entertained anyway, If you want entertainment go to the cinema. When I go to the match it's to watch the blues and hopefully see us win. It makes or breaks my weekend like I imagine it does for all of us so I can't envisage waking up on match day hoping to be 'entertained', I'll leave that for the neutrals thanks.

Everton's honours (in order of importance) :

1 column by Danny Murphy calling us the entertainers after losing 3-4 at home to Stoke.
9 league titles.
5 FA cups.
1 CWC.

Both would indeed be nice but it's a very distant priority for me. Winning should always come first, second, third and fourth with playing nicely while doing so a distant fifth. I'm never entertained when Everton lose, no matter how well we've played. I don't really understand this notion of needing to be entertained anyway, If you want entertainment go to the cinema. When I go to the match it's to watch the blues and hopefully see us win. It makes or breaks my weekend like I imagine it does for all of us so I can't envisage waking up on match day hoping to be 'entertained', I'll leave that for the neutrals thanks.
Are you familiar with the term "The School of Science" mate?

True this. I go the match with one sole hope - to see Everton win. I don't go hoping for an end-to-end 5-5 draw every week.

Are you familiar with the term "The School of Science" mate?
Don't see what that's got to do with anything tbh? How about you explain why you prioritize our playing style over results? If given the option between finishing first playing what you would no doubt describe as negative football or second playing exciting football what would you pick? If it's the latter then it's you who need to remember our motto: Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Don't see what that's got to do with anything tbh? How about you explain why you prioritize our playing style over results? If given the option between finishing first playing what you would no doubt describe as negative football or second playing exciting football what would you pick? If it's the latter then it's you who need to remember our motto: Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.
I dint prioritise one over the other. I say they can go hand in hand.

Nah. Football is only about winning. Or getting the desired result. If you do that, that is pretty entertaining.

Bayern Munich 0 0 Everton as exhibit #1.
TBF Mte. That was our first European semi-final against one of the biggest names in world football. Of course we were all excited watching that.

Just putting this here, for people who might like to see this:

https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_la-tribune?id=2161391

Martinez interview (approx. 70 minutes long). Haven't watched the entire thing myself because it hails from the RTBF, they don't make the best football programs plus they incorporate lots of cringy things. Also they dub people; every language except Dutch gets dubbed in French. Except Martinez assistant coach; for some reason he wasn't dubbed. From the few things I've seen it talks about his football philosophy, how to communicate, Father Santa with Everton and other stuff.

Just putting this here, for people who might like to see this:

https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_la-tribune?id=2161391

Martinez interview (approx. 70 minutes long). Haven't watched the entire thing myself because it hails from the RTBF, they don't make the best football programs plus they incorporate lots of cringy things. Also they dub people; every language except Dutch gets dubbed in French. Except Martinez assistant coach; for some reason he wasn't dubbed. From the few things I've seen it talks about his football philosophy, how to communicate, Father Santa with Everton and other stuff.
????? is that some mixed up xmas soda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back