Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
The snake and fraud is the man who reopened the school of science and handed us our best season since we won the title 30 years ago.

I hope this feller turns into a snake and a fraud. We'll be in the CL almost for sure.

Our best season was 95 when we won the FA cup, the next best season after that was 2005 when we finished 4th, then its probably 2009 when we made a cup final.

Since winning the league in 87 we have finished 5th 3 times, its not impressive.

Our best season was 95 when we won the FA cup, the next best season after that was 2005 when we finished 4th, then its probably 2009 when we made a cup final.

Since winning the league in 87 we have finished 5th 3 times, its not impressive.
No mate. The league is the subject here. And if the season we got 4th had led to CL stage appearances with the big boys then your other point might stand up.

Imo, great football plus our best points total since 1986/87 was much more impressive.

No mate. The league is the subject here. And if the season we got 4th had led to CL stage appearances with the big boys then your other point might stand up.

Imo, great football plus our best points total since 1986/87 was much more impressive.

So 5th is better than finishing 4th and winning a trophy?

:hayee::hayee::hayee:

So 5th is better than finishing 4th and winning a trophy?

:hayee::hayee::hayee:
Cup is easily the best thing.

But this is the league campaign we're talking about. We scraped through into 4th that season with I think the lowest ever total for a CL qualifying place spot. It wasn't champagne footy either.

Cup is easily the best thing.

But this is the league campaign we're talking about. We scraped through into 4th that season with I think the lowest ever total for a CL qualifying place spot. It wasn't champagne footy either.

Yes but Martinez had the chance to get us as high as 3rd at 1 point but bottled it by signing an injured striker.

If you cant even grasp the basics, im wasting my time, in case you missed it, 4th, is a better league placing than 5th, you dont get points for style, you dont get higher prize money or European football for points, the only factor in every single league season is the final placing.

The snake and fraud is the man who reopened the school of science and handed us our best season since we won the title 30 years ago.

I hope this feller turns into a snake and a fraud. We'll be in the CL almost for sure.
Just take your blinkers off for one second and look at his first season logically. We finished fifth Dave, just fifth. Nothing special, Moyes did it plenty of times. It doesn't matter how many points we secured in reality, it matters were we finished. Forget Martinez and Moyes for a second and ask yourself what's better, 5th with 72 points or 4th with 61 points. If you'd sooner have more points then the higher position then your a fool. He didn't 'reopen the the school of science' or any such nonsense he fluked one single good season in which we bottled it in the end and threw away a very real chance of getting fourth. We're was the school of science during his second or third years? Oh that's right it all fell apart because of the players didn't it?! Nothing to do with the manager at all! Basically the very opposite of what you now say about Koeman.

Just take your blinkers off for one second and look at his first season logically. We finished fifth Dave, just fifth. Nothing special, Moyes did it plenty of times. It doesn't matter how many points we secured in reality, it matters were we finished. Forget Martinez and Moyes for a second and ask yourself what's better, 5th with 72 points or 4th with 61 points. If you'd sooner have more points then the higher position then your a fool. He didn't 'reopen the the school of science' or any such nonsense he fluked one single good season in which we bottled it in the end and threw away a very real chance of getting fourth. We're was the school of science during his second or third years? Oh that's right it all fell apart because of the players didn't it?! Nothing to do with the manager at all! Basically the very opposite of what you now say about Koeman.
Knife out from day 1 ...fishing all the time ..and everyone bites...GOT creation is Dave ..he's not real lollol

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../everton-striker-lukaku-says-roberto-12296500

Lukaku on Martinez's effect on him and ther rest of the Belgian team.

“Since he came I’ve only played good matches,” Lukaku told Sport/Voetbalmagazine. “He has, so to speak, freed me from prison. I know what he expects of me, where and how to go. Today everyone knows his role with the Red Devils. A player on the ball has five, six options, especially in this 3-4-3. At Anderlecht we played like this at youth level. Sometimes it feels like I’m back playing as a kid, with all these options.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../everton-striker-lukaku-says-roberto-12296500

Lukaku on Martinez's effect on him and ther rest of the Belgian team.

“Since he came I’ve only played good matches,” Lukaku told Sport/Voetbalmagazine. “He has, so to speak, freed me from prison. I know what he expects of me, where and how to go. Today everyone knows his role with the Red Devils. A player on the ball has five, six options, especially in this 3-4-3. At Anderlecht we played like this at youth level. Sometimes it feels like I’m back playing as a kid, with all these options.”

lollollol

If only we had the Belgium squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back