Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
lollollol

If only we had the Belgium squad.

The point being: Lukaku can see the difference in his game when he's not being told to chase shadows all day, as he was under Wilmots when he was Belgian boss, and as he is now under Koeman at Everton.

The point being: Lukaku can see the difference in his game when he's not being told to chase shadows all day, as he was under Wilmots when he was Belgian boss, and as he is now under Koeman at Everton.

The key word there is options, hence me saying I wish we had the Belgium squad.

But ok, this is football.

The key word there is options, hence me saying I wish we had the Belgium squad.

But ok, this is football.
It's a coded dig at Koeman. There's no options because everyone who gets hold of the ball is encouraged to just punt it - no one shows for it deep in their own half because they're afraid of losing it. That's how we have a lack of options.

It's a coded dig at Koeman. There's no options because everyone who gets hold of the ball is encouraged to just punt it - no one shows for it deep in their own half because they're afraid of losing it. That's how we have a lack of options.

Thank God we only have 3 more weeks of having to read Lukaku chatting bubbles.

He has January. Then we'll know if he's Kosher or chatting bubbles. Remember: there's the £60M from the failed Koulibaly bid to spend.

At the end of the day, I do what the manager wants. What is £47.5million? We tried to buy [Kalidou] Koulibaly from Napoli and they wanted £60million. Every defender in Europe now is £50million. It is just monopoly money, it doesn’t mean anything. We competed with Chelsea, we went right to the asking price, but the club didn’t sell – neither to us or to Chelsea. The manager had seven names, and four of those we got. He wanted a box-to-box midfielder and we matched [Moussa] Sissoko's asking price and actually paid more [than Tottenham] and all the terms were agreed and just before midnight we realised he had changed his mind. Lucas Perez was all ready to sign and Arsenal took him from us at the last minute."

If it is a coded dig at Koeman then it is aimed at the wrong manager; this is not Koeman's team, he has not had the necessary time/transfers to stamp his mark on the club. He needs to be given a proper chance to see if he can move us on. I don't know if he is the man to bring good times back to Goodison but neither do I know he isn't.
We are playing a type of football that doesn't sit well with most of us but if it is the only way we can get to January and the transfer window and be in the top half of the table then it is a pill we have to swallow.
I don't mind short term pain for long term gain.
I wanted Martinez out long before he got the chop, I believed he had been given ample time to develop a team and we were going backwards. We haven't made a leap forward under Koeman but I am pragmatic enough to know he couldn't come to Everton and turn very average players into league winners.
We are in a poor state, it will take a very good manager and money to get us out of it. He moved a poor Southampton team on why can't he do it with us.

At the end of the day, I do what the manager wants. What is £47.5million? We tried to buy [Kalidou] Koulibaly from Napoli and they wanted £60million. Every defender in Europe now is £50million. It is just monopoly money, it doesn’t mean anything. We competed with Chelsea, we went right to the asking price, but the club didn’t sell – neither to us or to Chelsea. The manager had seven names, and four of those we got. He wanted a box-to-box midfielder and we matched [Moussa] Sissoko's asking price and actually paid more [than Tottenham] and all the terms were agreed and just before midnight we realised he had changed his mind. Lucas Perez was all ready to sign and Arsenal took him from us at the last minute."
wrhpjd.jpg

If it is a coded dig at Koeman then it is aimed at the wrong manager; this is not Koeman's team, he has not had the necessary time/transfers to stamp his mark on the club. He needs to be given a proper chance to see if he can move us on. I don't know if he is the man to bring good times back to Goodison but neither do I know he isn't.
We are playing a type of football that doesn't sit well with most of us but if it is the only way we can get to January and the transfer window and be in the top half of the table then it is a pill we have to swallow.
I don't mind short term pain for long term gain.
I wanted Martinez out long before he got the chop, I believed he had been given ample time to develop a team and we were going backwards. We haven't made a leap forward under Koeman but I am pragmatic enough to know he couldn't come to Everton and turn very average players into league winners.
We are in a poor state, it will take a very good manager and money to get us out of it. He moved a poor Southampton team on why can't he do it with us.
Koeman has shown no appetite for adapting what he has in front of him with this squad. I distrust that. He seems to be encouraging an excuse for this slump along the lines that it's all broken and should be binned and then buy a new first team. Well what manager doesn't try to be flexible and coach a team for a good spell? There is a very good core of players he could and should be getting better results with in terms of performance, but he chooses to play in a dog turd way.

Koeman has shown no appetite for adapting what he has in front of him with this squad. I distrust that. He seems to be encouraging an excuse for this slump along the lines that it's all broken and should be binned and then buy a new first team. Well what manager doesn't try to be flexible and coach a team for a good spell? There is a very good core of players he could and should be getting better results with in terms of performance, but he chooses to play in a dog turd way.

I don't think there is a very good core of players, we have one goal threat, we have one mid-fielder, our defensive four are ok and our keeper is suspect.

I am not saying Kidman is the answer, I don't know but I think it is to early to say.

I would like to see him bring in some younger players, tomorrow would be a good opportunity.

I don't think there is a very good core of players, we have one goal threat, we have one mid-fielder, our defensive four are ok and our keeper is suspect.

I am not saying Kidman is the answer, I don't know but I think it is to early to say.

I would like to see him bring in some younger players, tomorrow would be a good opportunity.
Coleman
Holgate
Williams
Mori
Barry
Gueye
Barkley
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Lukaku
MCarthy
Besic
Davies

...they'd walk into most PL first teams. The material is here, he just refuses or doesn't know how to use it.

Coleman
Holgate
Williams
Mori
Barry
Gueye
Barkley
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Lukaku
MCarthy
Besic
Davies

...they'd walk into most PL first teams. The material is here, he just refuses or doesn't know how to use it.

Not sure they would all walk unto most PL first teams, and then most PL first teams are below us.

Not sure they would all walk unto most PL first teams, and then most PL first teams are below us.
I suppose my point is that if you have a core of players like that you really shouldn't be in a run of 1 win in 10 games and scoring only 7 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back