Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Martinez Signs New 5 Year Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clicked in to this on the last page, I see instead of bashing our bishops in excitement, we're bashing Bill. Bill out.

Its great news that Martinez has signed a new long term deal. You can imagine the panic that would set in on here this time next year if Martinez was going into the last year of his contract.

I was under the impression he signed a 3 year deal when he took over last summer but i now realise it was a 4 year deal. FFS BILL.

2 year extension.

May help us sign players and get current players to renew their contracts.

He signed on £2m p.a., nearly half of what we were paying Moyes, he's earned both a pay rise and an extension this season

He signed on £2m p.a., nearly half of what we were paying Moyes, he's earned both a pay rise and an extension this season

He's broken the previous managers points haul in his first season and got us playing nice attractive football.

Plus some strategic thinking about the club in general. He's worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

Its about leadership. He's showing leadership.

We just need to see what players he can bring in. Need a better degree of quality than two of last years signings.

Was unsure in the first three games. Think we need to do better from corners and defend a little better when not in possession. Otherwise Martinez has shown he's got everything.

He's broken the previous managers points haul in his first season and got us playing nice attractive football.

Plus some strategic thinking about the club in general. He's worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

Its about leadership. He's showing leadership.

We just need to see what players he can bring in. Need a better degree of quality than two of last years signings.

You mean Kone, RIGHT?

You mean Kone, RIGHT?

Kone who has barely played. Alcaraz who's looked nervous and lacking in pace.

Hopefully the signings he goes for this summer are the right side of 25 as we've got that 12 months experience (in McCarthy and Barkley etc) now plus "Gaz Baz" Gareth Barry brings enough experience with Jagielka and Howard and Distin.

Kone who has barely played. Alcaraz who's looked nervous and lacking in pace.

Hopefully the signings he goes for this summer are the right side of 25 as we've got that 12 months experience (in McCarthy and Barkley etc) now plus "Gaz Baz" Gareth Barry brings enough experience with Jagielka and Howard and Distin.

Well theres still massive question marks over his transfer dealings for me, I hope he improves this Summer.

But cant fault much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back