2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness he made the decision to clear the ball and not do a Cruyft turn in the box , otherwise he’d have had to do a “carmdown” and City would have bought him this month. Hard to say he was a bright spot in a match where we get gubbed 4-0 but at least for me he was our best player in a shoite team performance. He’s making a case to start every week , I wish we had two better CBs I’d be a lot happier , but we don’t and at the end of the season him and Pickford may be showing at least something to build on.

Last edited:
Thank God Mason has come of age this season. Think where we might be if he wasn't in the side. Easily in the bottom three for me.

Had another good game. Yes he was culpable for at least one goal but the so were the other 9 outfield players.

Definitely putting himself in the shop window.

The sad thing is we will sell him as soon as an offer comes in. And no doubt replace with an aged has been from United or something

I know it’s a game of opinions but you must have been watching a different game!

He’s a far better defender than stones was and not a million miles off his ability on the ball, going to be a star!

This. Though I feel more confident when he's on the ball than I ever did with Stones. He actually looks more elegant and seems to know when he can get away with it and when he has to get rid.

A couple of shimmies away from Spurs attackers had me purring. He did something similar in the cup derby sidestepping Mane in the área and coming away with the ball.

Has the occaisional lapse in concentration but that's normal in a Young player and tbf he doesn't have as many as Jags, Williams or Keane.

Going to be top class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back