2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think with the fixture pile up and the fact Sam wanted to see what they (Keane, Williams, Jags) can do, he changed it up.

Clearly the main stay is Holgate so it's just the other CBs that need to fight for the other place IMO.

Says a lot about how Keane has struggled.
Have we seen a Keene Holgate pairing - cant remember? I know they are both young but keeping an experienced pro in there isn’t exactly paying off, Maybe we should let them play together a bit once we get to 40 points with an eye to next season (I know its January....)

Have we seen a Keene Holgate pairing - cant remember? I know they are both young but keeping an experienced pro in there isn’t exactly paying off, Maybe we should let them play together a bit once we get to 40 points with an eye to next season (I know its January....)

Not yet. But maybe towards the end of the season as we looked flakey and Sam probably wants the mix.

And the way Keane has been, he's rightly on the bench.

I really rate Holgate, he is a good player but also has that little bit of snide about him. I think that played alongside Holgate Keane will flourish, Holgate’s pace and comfort on the ball will give Keane a little more confidence to commit

Is there a finite window for retrospective action for the shove?

The aftermath is surely separate, my main concern is loosing him for any number of games since he's currently our best CB.

Potentially get done the same way people do for off-the-ball stamps and stuff? Dangerous play.

Yeah I imagine so, but we've heard of no intent to review the actual push yet, do they have to do that within say 2-3 days? or is it just open-ended?

The aftermath is surely separate, my main concern is loosing him for any number of games since he's currently our best CB.

Potentially get done the same way people do for off-the-ball stamps and stuff? Dangerous play.

Yeah I imagine so, but we've heard of no intent to review the actual push yet, do they have to do that within say 2-3 days? or is it just open-ended?

...surely the referee and officials saw the incident and decided not to take any action. If that’s the case, my understanding is that no retrospective action can be taken.

Nah he'll be sound, can't see them taking any action over that.

Reactions: Sy-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back