2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s said it then I hope they throw the book at him but......I’ve seen no video where it looks like he’s mouthed the word n****r. That’s not to say he hasn’t said it but maybe in the heat of the moment Holgate has misheard him and flew off the handle.

If the ref has heard it he shouldn’t officiate at the top level again

ha ha ha ha puts t shirt on.

Mate what are you on about? Ringing the police over Holgate is like West Ham fans ringing the police because they got beat! Its a waste of resources and embarassing.

If someone has seen something on twitter the report the post to twitter. As for the Holgate incident, it will be sorted by the F.A who will have all the evidence.

Mate what are you on about? Ringing the police over Holgate is like West Ham fans ringing the police because they got beat! Its a waste of resources and embarassing.

If someone has seen something on twitter the report the post to twitter. As for the Holgate incident, it will be sorted by the F.A who will have all the evidence.
While I agree with you, purely playing the Devil's advocate if you remove the footballing/sport context who would you expect to deal with it?

If he’s said it then I hope they throw the book at him but......I’ve seen no video where it looks like he’s mouthed the word n****r. That’s not to say he hasn’t said it but maybe in the heat of the moment Holgate has misheard him and flew off the handle.

If the ref has heard it he shouldn’t officiate at the top level again

Nobody has, as Kenny's head gets in the way a couple of seconds before Mason kicks off so whatever was said was obscured from the TV angle. As for the ref, it is a strange one but with all the noise plus maybe the 4th official in his ear and all the players around him, maybe he didnt hear it - plus his face was turned away at that moment.

Hopefully Mason has misheard but if not he deserves a lengthy ban, it also puts the club in a predicament too, especially after giving Brewster their full backing.

While I agree with you, purely playing the Devil's advocate if you remove the footballing/sport context who would you expect to deal with it?

Report it to twitter. The amount of insulting posts you see from trolls on twitter, if you reported them all to the police, they would not have time to investigate more serious crimes.

Twitter should not be annonymous as it encourages some vile people and unfortunately there are a lot of them.

Report it to twitter. The amount of insulting posts you see from trolls on twitter, if you reported them all to the police, they would not have time to investigate more serious crimes.

Twitter should not be annonymous as it encourages some vile people and unfortunately there are a lot of them.
Are you implying racial slurs said on the internet are less serious of an offence than a racial slur said face-to-face or on the phone?

Most of the vile, obnoxious stuff on Twitter I agree with you - bat it away or report to Twitter - however openly racist comments are a step beyond.

He’s deleted his twitter account because of a load of reds finding a tweet from when he was 15 saying f***t

Are you implying racial slurs said on the internet are less serious of an offence than a racial slur said face-to-face or on the phone?

Most of the vile, obnoxious stuff on Twitter I agree with you - bat it away or report to Twitter - however openly racist comments are a step beyond.

Not at all but I seen at least 20 of them on the Holgate/Firmino articles last night, now should I report all 20 to Merseyside Police? How much time does that take up when they could be located all over the country and using a 7th email annonymous email account behind their twitter handle.

Thats why I said it shouldnt be annonymous, then if you report a repulsive post, twitter can pass those details to the police, plus people may think twice about trolling.

Not at all but I seen at least 20 of them on the Holgate/Firmino articles last night, now should I report all 20 to Merseyside Police? How much time does that take up when they could be located all over the country and using a 7th email annonymous email account behind their twitter handle.

Thats why I said it shouldnt be annonymous, then if you report a repulsive post, twitter can pass those details to the police, plus people may think twice about trolling.

Just to clear, racial abuse is not trolling. Posting fake line ups just before the real one is trolling. Pretending to be Turkish when you're from Wavertree, to wind up the real Turkish posters is trolling. When I play COD and refuse to let my team go through a door so we all get killed together is trolling.

Giving someone abuse for the colour of their skin is abuse, simple as.

Not read through all the comments from last night but ignoring the Firmino stuff, hope all those who slaughtered Ashley Williams for the Lyon incident are being consistent and criticising Holgate as well.

Personally, I wasn't bothered by the Williams thing and wasn't bothered by what Holgate did either. A bit sly from Holgate but it's a derby and tensions run high. At least he showed he cared.

Still got some improving to do in certain aspects but he's done well for the most part recently.

Just to clear, racial abuse is not trolling. Posting fake line ups just before the real one is trolling. Pretending to be Turkish when you're from Wavertree, to wind up the real Turkish posters is trolling. When I play COD and refuse to let my team go through a door so we all get killed together is trolling.

Giving someone abuse for the colour of their skin is abuse, simple as.

Yes but so is Homophobia, Antisemitism, Islamophobia etc, I could go on. You see so many of these all the time on twitter that there is no way the police could do anything about it all. As disgusting as it is, I don't even know if they are all illegal and would end in criminal charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back