Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are letting in some poor goals this season. Really don't know what Gibson was thinking when he showed Bent the goal. Bad miss by Coleman at the end, wasn't even on target. I think we learned a few things. Heitinga, Oviedo and Naismith are way below playing for us. Stones showed his rawness tonight but will only get better with games. Certainly missed mirallas and Barkley. Oh well never mind

Leeds Pt II

Two very good chances by Seamus missed.. He hasn't quite been himself- didn't really take players on. Thought our crosses/passes from the byline were terrible. Really should of had that game sewn up. Fulham's old heads won out in the end

Maybe I watched a different game than you lot, but for me, going forward, we were fantastic...on another day, we'd have won this game running away. For me it was just one of those days.

I think really on first reaction, I'm really only disappointed in the second goal we gave up. That was poor. But alas...let the moaning begin...

Was it just me or did it seem that Fulham used Atkinson as a human shield often times and passed through / by him so that our players couldn't intercept? :D

Not really that bothered. Judging by the first half it seems like he picked the right side. Poor defending for the goals by the sound of it. I think he made the right subs too to try and regain control of the game. Perhaps it shows that Deulofeu isn't quite ready, Gibson is badly short of match practice and we lack goalscorers to come from the bench.

On the bright side:
The first half.
Lukaku reigns supreme.
Barry did well.

On the bad side this evening:
The second half.
Deulofeu is still not convincing, his second half was wank.
Gibbo seemed unfit.

Meh, it's the league cup. I will not have any trouble sleeping tonight. We can't win this cup!

Our own [Poor language removed] fault. Our best route into Europe and a cup after not winning one for eighteen years and we continually show it little respect. Should have put the game to bed first half, then when it was apparent the game was turning in the second half the right subs should have been made, including Barkley to run at a static crap defence.

This is the point where were meant to be pretend to be not be arsed and focus on a couple of wins in the league but very poor form from manager and players tonight. Good momentum from two wins just hindered there too.

This and the fact that Martinez has not earn,t the right to play second string teams given this was a trophy we would have gone after to win.

He needs to start picking his best team week in and week out.

Thought we did enough to win that, we were slow out the blocks at the start of the second half and gifted them a way back into the game, then sloppy defending for the second, they didn't have many chances at all. We have beat ourselfs tonight.

People don't understand... we will NOT get europe in the league. We aren't good enough to finish 5th.
This was our best way in Europe and was fluffed in.

Martinez clearly doesn't want this competition as he wouldn't of rested baines and mirallas.

We are letting in some poor goals this season. Really don't know what Gibson was thinking when he showed Bent the goal. Bad miss by Coleman at the end, wasn't even on target. I think we learned a few things. Heitinga, Oviedo and Naismith are way below playing for us. Stones showed his rawness tonight but will only get better with games. Certainly missed mirallas and Barkley. Oh well never mind

2 stuffy goals against Norwich, Clean sheets against West Brom,Cardiff and Chelsea,West ham a deflected goal and a pen

**** OFF

ach, bitter loss that was. No question I think that we were the better side for the majority of the game. Simply undone in the few good periods that Fulham that. Annoying, annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back