Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had two games to test our squad depth and young players, and going out now takes five fixtures out of our schedules and increases our chances of doing well in the league and having a go at the infinitely more worthy FA Cup.

Not arsed in the slightest. It's a secondary domestic cup which will inevitably be used to rotate the squad, that's just how it is.

Far more important was the positives in the display:

* Deulofeu was encouraging. Nowhere near the finished product and there's a reason he's not in the Barca set up as he's incredibly selfish, but he has all the raw tools and he's going to be weapon for us off the bench this year and a first teamer next season if we keep him on.

* Stones looked assured again.

* We now know for certain that Heitinga is finished at Everton, if there was ever a doubt. So no tears shed at all when he leaves.

* Mirallas looked a lot livelier when he came on than he has lately.

* Oviedo isn't ready for the first team and may never be, so we appreciate even more how vital Baines is for us.

Maybe I watched a different game than you lot, but for me, going forward, we were fantastic...on another day, we'd have won this game running away. For me it was just one of those days.

I think really on first reaction, I'm really only disappointed in the second goal we gave up. That was poor. But alas...let the moaning begin...

Well what the hell do you expect, after all the **** Moyes got over winning sod all and we lose in the second round in only 1 of 2 cups which we could and should have a chance of doing well in. But oh no, out already, it's almost like Deja Vu.

Still best not whine we are out of 1 cup already, ****ing hell, let's all bend over and take one up the poop chute now and enjoy it.

Lukaku switched off second half. Heitinga was crap all game and Gibbo looked knackered 5 mins after half time. Deulofeu tried 2nd half but got figured out. If we'd had made a change (Barry for Heitinga) before or just after they scored 1st, I believe things would've been different, as unlike Heitinga he has the awareness to know where his players are without spending 5 minutes on the ball. His pass to Lukaku for their first goal was telegraphed by Parker and it cost us and they got a foothold in the game. S**t happens though but we need a good performance against Newcastle. Fulham exposed the main flaws in Martinez' system tonight by simply getting in our faces in the 2nd half and defending from the front.

We've had two games to test our squad depth and young players, and going out now takes five fixtures out of our schedules and increases our chances of doing well in the league and having a go at the infinitely more worthy FA Cup.

Not arsed in the slightest.

Far more important was the positives in the display:

* Deulofeu was encouraging. Nowhere near the finished product and there's a reason he's not in the Barca set up as he's incredibly selfish, but he has all the raw tools and he's going to be weapon for us off the bench this year and a first teamer next season if we keep him on.

* Stones looked assured again.

* We now know for certain that Heitinga is finished at Everton, if there was ever a doubt. So no tears shed at all when he leaves.

* Mirallas looked a lot livelier when he came on than he has lately.

* Oviedo isn't ready for the first team and may never be, so we appreciate even more how vital Baines is for us.

Everything that's wrong with the modern football fan, not arsed we lost, not arsed we are out of one of 2 cups and probably the one we should have a good a chance at winning.

**** me, you are probably happy that we win sod all year in and year out as long as we win a few and make the quaters of the eminently more worthy FA Cup. Jesus Christ are you sure you shouldn't be supporting someone else

Don't see why Martinez's team selection is getting a battering. In the first half we should have had 5 or 6 goals. Poor finishing was the reason for us going out today, not poor tatics.

Hate to say it but more important to win league games as that is where the £££ is. The club has never really taken this competition seriously (they say they do, but they don't).

It's the near 2 generations of fan that have seen no success that pains me the most. Disgusting really :(

Right...off to work now. Pissed off but not ruthlessly. Newcastle on Monday. Coleman needs to spend all training on target practice and crossing. Catch yous all later

Couple reactions:

The coleman miss not as bad as you all are saying, he took it with his off foot, and I think he was trying to square away Lukaku while running at full speed. If he had put a weak ball in near post you all would have been equally critical.

Delofeu has shown he's no where near premier league quality in terms of his mindset. Gave the ball away more times than I could count. He shouldn't be given another chance until he demonstrates that he can play in Martinez's system.

Mistakes were made, I don't think Martinez ever intended to seriously compete on 3 fronts this season, especially because the league is going to be so difficult and he needs us to do well there to keep his job. I'm disappointed he made so many changes, but he knows what he's doing and I'm confident in that. He probably should have shown a bit more respect to a fellow premier league team, especially since we were playing at the Cottage, but we have to keep in mind RM is still getting to know the squad and understand the players. The team he put out could have just as easily won, were it not for a few errors and a bit of bad luck.

Only concern that has been proven tonight... all the talk of depth? A Bit underwhelming

Not arsed about this loss... FA Cup run a strong league campaign are vastly more important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back