Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - cannot understand the Deulofeu caning. He was our best player - everything good we did came from him. He is about 10 wavelengths ahead of everyone else.

He absolutely puts the sh its up the opposition and will win us more matches than anyone else this season.

All I can think about Lukaku is that he still has a headache because after the first 20 minutes he was a bad as Jelavic.

Martinez misjudged this one - made too many changes against a descent side away -
waited too long before bringing on better players -
we could and should have won this one -
not the end of the world but certainly one that got away -
from now on Everton just has to start every game with their best side - win it first and then start experimenting

Can't belive the substitutions weren't made earlier tbh thought it was obvious that a goal was coming from them. Both goals came from very poor defending Oviedo should of been marking berbatov and why wasn't anyone marking bent for that freekick the whole world knew they where just going to pass it to him. Also thought the beast look crap tonight but didn't really get much service.

Little disappointed with Martinez but hey learning curve and all that we did have a weak team out and Fulham had there full team out. But some positives to take tho.

Well Martinez has learned from that that you cant make wholesale changes to this team because we are what we are: a poorly funded club who have limited quality, despite all the talk about 17 and 18 strong first team players he came out with pre-game.

He gambled that they could see off an experienced PL outfit like Fulham and it blew up on him.

He's a very good manager and I'm delighted he's ours, but with a week almost to recover before Newcastle that was an idiotic decision to not go with the strongest side. It's burst a nice little bubble and confidence will be knocked until we get it out of our system (hopefully) against Newcastle.

We've had two games to test our squad depth and young players, and going out now takes five fixtures out of our schedules and increases our chances of doing well in the league and having a go at the infinitely more worthy FA Cup.

Not arsed in the slightest. It's a secondary domestic cup which will inevitably be used to rotate the squad, that's just how it is.

Far more important was the positives in the display:

* Deulofeu was encouraging. Nowhere near the finished product and there's a reason he's not in the Barca set up as he's incredibly selfish, but he has all the raw tools and he's going to be weapon for us off the bench this year and a first teamer next season if we keep him on.

* Stones looked assured again.

* We now know for certain that Heitinga is finished at Everton, if there was ever a doubt. So no tears shed at all when he leaves.

* Mirallas looked a lot livelier when he came on than he has lately.

* Oviedo isn't ready for the first team and may never be, so we appreciate even more how vital Baines is for us.

... and we learned that Everton managers do not want to win the League Cup.

Why bother entering - or should fans be allowed in free to see what our manager obviously thinks is a practice match?

Everything that's wrong with the modern football fan, not arsed we lost, not arsed we are out of one of 2 cups and probably the one we should have a good a chance at winning.

**** me, you are probably happy that we win sod all year in and year out as long as we win a few and make the quaters of the eminently more worthy FA Cup. Jesus Christ are you sure you shouldn't be supporting someone else

No, I just believe that a big club such as ours should have higher priorities than a Mickey Mouse cup like this.

It's the reason I don't cry about the Zenith Data Cup loss to Crystal Palace. Nobody cares - similarly, nobody gives a toss about the Capital One Cup. Even United have only won it four times over their twenty plus years of dominance.

The manager has decided that rotating the squad was the call to make for this tournament, despite Premier League opposition. There's a reason for that.

... and we learned that Everton managers do not want to win the League Cup.

Why bother entering - or should fans be allowed in free to see what our manager obviously thinks is a practice match?

Reduced prices certainly, I'd agree with that.

Wow - cannot understand the Deulofeu caning. He was our best player - everything good we did came from him. He is about 10 wavelengths ahead of everyone else.

He absolutely puts the sh its up the opposition and will win us more matches than anyone else this season.

All I can think about Lukaku is that he still has a headache because after the first 20 minutes he was a bad as Jelavic.

He was our best player 1st half, but our worst player 2nd half.

2 stuffy goals against Norwich, Clean sheets against West Brom,Cardiff and Chelsea,West ham a deflected goal and a pen

**** OFF

I'll eat you for breakfast you [Poor language removed]. We have not conceded one goal that could not of been prevented = poor goals. Now chill the **** out [Poor language removed] face.

Martinez misjudged this one - made too many changes against a descent side away -
waited too long before bringing on better players -
we could and should have won this one -
not the end of the world but certainly one that got away -
from now on Everton just has to start every game with their best side - win it first and then start experimenting

I thought the team he picked was fine and should have had a bigger lead at half time, I think his only mistake was not bringing barry on at halftime. he does this and I think we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back