Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing? Disa f****kin ppointing? F****kin disgraceful more like it. Martinez totally to blame. Great start. Far too slack for the middle third of the game. And that's when the manager should have been making changes. But no, like Moyes before him, he waits until the scoreline has changed before doing anything. What the [Poor language removed] was Heitinga doing on the park? When we gave Fulham the momentum why wasn't our pathetic midfield changed straightaway? And with Mirallas on the bench what sort of genius manager does a shufffle that puts his RB to wide right and leaves his matchwinning winger on the bench until it's too late.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/t...ion-Thread-(The-Good-The-Bad-and-The-Alright)

Tell that to the 3000 Fans who paid to cheer on a second string team.

I agree with you - I think their should be dramatically reduced prices across the board for a secondary cup competition. It's not a prestigious fixture, never has been, never will be.

He was wrong. And you are too: the LC is well worth wining. It's a prestigious domestic trophy.

It's not. It's the weakest of all the tournaments available to top flight clubs by a country mile.

The manager is not wrong, the FA are for having a poorly formatted trophy with little monetary gain for competing in. The FA Cup is suffering from the same erosion in prestige for the same reason - little money in it, not much end result. The risk to reward ratio is wrong.

Either give proper monetary prizes for placement to the tournament or a Champions League place.

No, I just believe that a big club such as ours should have higher priorities than a Mickey Mouse cup like this.

It's the reason I don't cry about the Zenith Data Cup loss to Crystal Palace. Nobody cares - similarly, nobody gives a toss about the Capital One Cup. Even United have only won it four times over their twenty plus years of dominance.

The manager has decided that rotating the squad was the call to make for this tournament, despite Premier League opposition. There's a reason for that.

Reduced prices certainly, I'd agree with that.

Some sense. When has Everton ever been that assed with the milk cup? Fa cup, league and Europe is what we aim for.

Its designed for squad rotation and lower league clubs. To play your first 11 in the second round would be ridiculous!

People need to calm down, we will be fine, back to the strongest line up against newcastle and back to winning ways.

So we're still in this cup are we? Thank [Poor language removed] for that. Here's me thinking we yet again give away a chance of winning our first trophy in 28 years. Yeh, let's get back to the league and fighting for 7th place. That's what we want.

Some sense. When has Everton ever been that assed with the milk cup? Fa cup, league and Europe is what we aim for.

Its designed for squad rotation and lower league clubs. To play your first 11 in the second round would be ridiculous!

yeah mate because our trophy cabinet is bulging and getting into Europe is so much easier the other way.

Well it's over and as much as people are pissed we just have to get on with it. Two reasons why we didn't win that

1 to many first team changes. I'm all for rotation but 7 changes is too much why change something what's not broken . He should of made 5 changes max
2. Second is Martinez subs. He got it right last week but wrong this game. Gibson should of being brought of for Barkley as he looked nackered and Barkley could of give us some creativity. Deleufoe should of being brought of for mirallas as he got found out and wasn't really producing the goods.

Onto the fa cup

I agree with you - I think their should be dramatically reduced prices across the board for a secondary cup competition. It's not a prestigious fixture, never has been, never will be.

It's not. It's the weakest of all the tournaments available to top flight clubs by a country mile.

The manager is not wrong, the FA are for having a poorly formatted trophy with little monetary gain for competing in. The FA Cup is suffering from the same erosion in prestige for the same reason - little money in it, not much end result. The risk to reward ratio is wrong.

Either give proper monetary prizes for placement to the tournament or a Champions League place.

HAHAHA...3000 lads tonight would love you to step from behind your keyboard and tell that to their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back