Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're asuming that 2 teams outside the top 4 will win the 2 cup competitions again like last year. Highly unlikely I'd say.

We won't get 6th either mate if thats what you're on about?

in no order

City
United
Chelsea
Arsenel
Spurs
Liverpool

These will all finish above us.

I'm laughing as I type this but we have finished 7th already. The seasons over :lol:

Also, let me make a quick point. Deulofeu Lukaku and Naismith were pressing up high its pointless when the other 7 players behind you are just standing on the half way line. Your defenders need to do it also!

Last edited:
Question, why didn't I see this much moaning about the squad selection during the first half?? Or before the game??

Why did you all keep quiet and only now complain about Martinez's selection.

I'm outta here...you some of you need to sort yourselves out...moaning about team selection and such and what coulda, shoulda, woulda happened...on another day we'd have won this game by a country mile...just one of those days

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a squad to rotate players, He did just that

Is Martinez at fault for the 5-6 chances that were missed? Is he at fault for the poor defending for both goals?

At half time everyone on here was saying how well we were playing and waxing lyrical about some of our play

No, I just believe that a big club such as ours should have higher priorities than a Mickey Mouse cup like this.

It's the reason I don't cry about the Zenith Data Cup loss to Crystal Palace. Nobody cares - similarly, nobody gives a toss about the Capital One Cup. Even United have only won it four times over their twenty plus years of dominance.

The manager has decided that rotating the squad was the call to make for this tournament, despite Premier League opposition. There's a reason for that.

Reduced prices certainly, I'd agree with that.

Oh I agree totally, winning a Cup like the Capital One cup is well below us. I mean **** me, we win a cup every few season easy. Oh What, you mean we haven't won ****e since 1995, well it's only 18 years I don't mind waiting a bit longer seeing as how big we are. I mean big clubs don't win stuff these days do they, they just survive in the premier League.

Can't believe some of the comments on here about Deulofeu, he is young with a lot to learn but absolutely menacing. We battered them for long periods and could have won but wasn't our night.

On the whole they're pretty fair. He was great in the first half when he was fresh, but second half he was knackered and running into dead ends rather than passing to others in better positions.

We have a squad to rotate players, He did just that

Is Martinez at fault for the 5-6 chances that were missed? Is he at fault for the poor defending for both goals?

At half time everyone on here was saying how well we were playing and waxing lyrical about some of our play

exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back