Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a squad to rotate players, He did just that

Is Martinez at fault for the 5-6 chances that were missed? Is he at fault for the poor defending for both goals?

At half time everyone on here was saying how well we were playing and waxing lyrical about some of our play

One half a game does not make.

Can we stop comparing the League Cup to the Zenith Data Systems Cup please, and try to retain some dignity?

You get a European place for winning the League Cup, you didn't with the ZDS Cup.
Everyone takes part in the League Cup. The other big (richer) clubs opted out of the ZDS Cup.

We are just crap in the League Cup. End of. It's our bogey competition. Sometimes it's because of who we draw. Sometimes it's because we play rubbish. And sometimes (often) it's because we shoot ourselves in the foot by needlessly playing under strength teams. Moyes did it regularly (and even in the FA Cup on occasions).

Tonight is one of those latter occasions. It was totally avoidable.

WTF-Is-This-WTF-Is-That-Cat-Gif.gif

Is Martinez at fault for the 5-6 chances that were missed? Is he at fault for the poor defending for both goals?

At half time everyone on here was saying how well we were playing and waxing lyrical about some of our play

and you had the nerve to tell me to do one because I said the same. Make yer mind up pal

Some people on here just love moaning and ****ging off the players and manager, i think some people actually want us to lose didn't see this many people on here when we best chelsea and beat west ham away, nobody was complaining about the team selection during the first half at any point, it just wasen't our day, now grow up and get behind the team and stop feeling sorry for yourselfs.

Oh I agree totally, winning a Cup like the Capital One cup is well below us. I mean **** me, we win a cup every few season easy. Oh What, you mean we haven't won ****e since 1995, well it's only 18 years I don't mind waiting a bit longer seeing as how big we are. I mean big clubs don't win stuff these days do they, they just survive in the premier League.

You're having a meltdown about a manager deciding to place greater priority on the League and FA Cup, despite the fact that every halfway decent Premier League club does the exact same thing.

We're Everton - and that means we're in the same bracket as the United's and Arsenal's of this world who treat the League Cup as the second tier competition it is. That's not snobbery, it's just common sense - as with EVERYTHING in life you only allocate resources to something that's worth the effort.

The COC is a club we play the youth and fringe players in, and if we progress well in it then great, the players are getting an experience, good stuff etc. but if we go out, it's not a big deal; and certainly not worth the ridiculous melt fest that's going on here.

The wasted chances are the most frustrating thing for me, we should have been out of sight by half time. We've had 126 attempts at goal so far this season (league and cup), but only scored 9, surely soon someone is going to get a seriously good hiding?

We do not enter competitions to look good for 45 minutes, we enter them to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back