Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I just believe that a big club such as ours should have higher priorities than a Mickey Mouse cup like this.

It's the reason I don't cry about the Zenith Data Cup loss to Crystal Palace. Nobody cares - similarly, nobody gives a toss about the Capital One Cup. Even United have only won it four times over their twenty plus years of dominance.

The manager has decided that rotating the squad was the call to make for this tournament, despite Premier League opposition. There's a reason for that.

I honestly don't believe I am reading this. Don't you have any Pride or dignity, this is Everton, we should win all our games regardless of the status of the competition, you say ''this is great club and we don;t need to compete in this'' yet, it reads that you are not actually believing in your club to actually compete in 3 competition.

Get grip, its not in the end of the world, but at least pretend to be muffed about losing against a toothless team who haven't anything in their life.

This thread ffs...... All I'm waiting for now is the night shift to come on and tell us we would have won with altidore , dempsey and Donovan.... I think then I will eat my own fingers .

Don't talk wet lad.. Go way, learn about football, come back and post.... In that order.....Jesus Christ.

And to put things into context lads..,Celtic lost at home tonight too.... It happens you know.

To a team near the bottom of the Scottish Championship no less. It was never going to be easy tonight with the Cottage being our bogey ground and all but still the two we conceded were very poor

laughing at some of the stuff in here. Didn't see everyone fuming about the 8 changes at half time. Nobody mentioing that fulham made 8 changes as well and they won???

what's the point in having a squad of 20 if every time they have to step in for a game or two, they're rusty from not having played all season. it's a squad game lads. There was nothing wrong with the team, hence why we battered them for at least 2/3rds of the match, it just didn't go our way, it happens. We're going to lose games this season, people have to accept it; i'd rather it be during a league cup game where our fringe players are given the chance to impress, than a limp dour performance and deserved loss by our first team (think i'll stay away from this forum when this happpens).

laughing at some of the stuff in here. Didn't see everyone fuming about the 8 changes at half time. Nobody mentioing that fulham made 8 changes as well and they won???

what's the point in having a squad of 20 if every time they have to step in for a game or two, they're rusty from not having played all season. it's a squad game lads. There was nothing wrong with the team, hence why we battered them for at least 2/3rds of the match, it just didn't go our way, it happens. We're going to lose games this season, people have to accept it; i'd rather it be during a league cup game where our fringe players are given the chance to impress, than a limp dour performance and deserved loss by our first team (think i'll stay away from this forum when this happpens).
You sure Fulham made 8 changes mate? Shouldn't really count bringing Berbatov back into the team, but i'll give you that one :)

Disappointed we lost. Couldn't watch the game as closely as I would have liked but from what I saw we played very well despite all the changes, created plenty of chances. Deulofeu looked amazing and frustrating at the same time, Gibson, Barry and McCarthy are IMO the same player only one is more mobile than the other, not saying I don't like them but they all are quite similar. Heitinga was the only one I could say didn't like, he was trying to be everywhere at the same time and didn't do anything.

All in all I liked what I saw, we where practically playing with our second team bar one or 2 player, and still looked good and created plenty of chances. We just conceded two crap and unlucky goals, that's it. Still feel very positive for this season, once our new players start settling in and the injured ones comeback we'll have a bigger, better squad with more options and more competition for places.

You sure Fulham made 8 changes mate? Shouldn't really count bringing Berbatov back into the team, but i'll give you that one :)

still 8 changes like (based this on someone else's post at the start of the game). people will argue lukaku's our best player and gibson is part of our best XI anyway, so swings and robots.

i still don't actually know what position heitinga was playing. for all i know, the reason martinez brought jags on was to change to 5 at the back (although i doubt he had a midfield 3 of heitinga, mccarthy and gibson

still 8 changes like (based this on someone else's post at the start of the game). people will argue lukaku's our best player and gibson is part of our best XI anyway, so swings and robots.

I'm not going to check now, and I don't expect you to either mate, but I think that pre-game post may have totted up wrong. Of course it may be my mistake like :)

i still don't actually know what position heitinga was playing. for all i know, the reason martinez brought jags on was to change to 5 at the back (although i doubt he had a midfield 3 of heitinga, mccarthy and gibson

Not sure re JH like, but probably just in front of CD's on offence, allowing Mc+Gibson to plunder up-field first half, but he sauntered up for non set pieces too a couple of times and took an age to get back, not ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back