Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too critical of the team selection. But when the man in charge of your team fails to change it (ie strengthen it) when control is starting to be lost then he deserves criticism. Of course he might have got away with it. But he didn't and so here we are, still in September and only one competition left for us to win. At least we won't have tired players now. An early exit from the FA Cup would mean us playing at total of only 41 games this season. Not good for finances, not good for prestige, and not good for being able to keep a biggish squad happy with game time. All in all, a total disaster. Let's not kid ourselves it was anything else.
Exactly! Beggars belief that someone could post about this only being a cup for giving the 2nd string players a run-out and then express gladness we lost so we have less fixtures to play.

As for this:
It doesn't matter how long we go without silverware
:blink: Well it does to me and it should to any other passionate, patient and long-suffering fan - you absolute beaut (n)

One final thought for the 'team selection critics'...had he picked a strong mostly first team side, they're would have been just as many people moaning that he's not giving the kids a chance, can't see the big picture, and that his team selection would have been that of a small club minded manager...like maybe a Wigan manager.

No win situation for that man...the side he picked did well...on another day we'd have won...is what it is

Chico agrees as do many other people a lot older than me, it's got precisely [Poor language removed] all to do with my age, so stop being such a condescending bel end.

I'm not being condescending at all - you said that Everton's recent history reflects a club that doesn't have stature in the modern game. I just find that amazing.

you keep thinking that we will get 6th spot and i'll find this post and bump it.
Moyes would have got slated for this. Martinez hasn't got slated yet
I agree with you Ste. Martinez has had far longer than Moyes to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players too. Dithering Bob.

That's NOT what I'm saying - I'm saying we shouldn't focus on winning it. It's a "if it happens it happens" kind of thing.

Well it's not going to happen if you don't try, is it?

What are we prioritising? The league game which isn't for 6 days?

Also do people not think that tonight was another chance for Martinez to try out different players again to get to know how they play in real games rather than just training

Also do people not think that tonight was another chance for Martinez to try out different players again to get to know how they play in real games rather than just training
Nope. The everton acid test is training without a ball, training without a ball, yoga, and yoghurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back