Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too critical of the team selection. But when the man in charge of your team fails to change it (ie strengthen it) when control is starting to be lost then he deserves criticism. Of course he might have got away with it. But he didn't and so here we are, still in September and only one competition left for us to win. At least we won't have tired players now. An early exit from the FA Cup would mean us playing at total of only 41 games this season. Not good for finances, not good for prestige, and not good for being able to keep a biggish squad happy with game time. All in all, a total disaster. Let's not kid ourselves it was anything else.

hahahaha:lol:

Yep, that stature. It's actually disgusting that you think winning a League Cup would make a jot of difference to our club. It'd be a footnote in history. We can celebrate winning it if we ever did, sure, but it just isn't a big deal to a club like ours in any way, shape or form.

We're Everton FFS. We aim for the FA Cup minimum, and we aim for league and European titles traditionally. If we ever actually focussed on winning the League Cup then we really have fallen in stature. That's not snobbery either; I'd apply that to a good 10 clubs in this country.

Disgusting to think that winning a trophy when we haven't won one in two decades would make a jot of difference ?

You do talk some tosh.

Fairly sure if you did a survey at Goodison a large majority would think winning a trophy would 'make a difference' to Everton.

I like how you've moved the goalposts from calling the competition a 'Mickey mouse' cup to talking about focussing on it, which nobody ever said we should do to begin with.

Last edited:

It is, because you're the younger generation being brought up and thinking a club of our size depends on winning a League Cup to establish our "stature".

Amazing.

You're talking absolute wham, I can't wrap my head around you NOT wanting Everton to win a trophy.

It is, because you're the younger generation being brought up and thinking a club of our size depends on winning a League Cup to establish our "stature".

Amazing.

Chico agrees as do many other people a lot older than me, it's got precisely [Poor language removed] all to do with my age, so stop being such a condescending bel end.

Everything that's wrong with the modern football fan, not arsed we lost, not arsed we are out of one of 2 cups and probably the one we should have a good a chance at winning.

**** me, you are probably happy that we win sod all year in and year out as long as we win a few and make the quaters of the eminently more worthy FA Cup. Jesus Christ are you sure you shouldn't be supporting someone else

Huzzah, another one hides behind NSNO...

I'm still bit upset about it, even when I read posts about bit being a silly little cup, really hope we smashadoo Newcastle now

I'm with Brennan here I think tubes is lost in some football manager alternative reality where we've been pot laden for years & the league cup is merely for the 'others' lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back