Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too critical of the team selection. But when the man in charge of your team fails to change it (ie strengthen it) when control is starting to be lost then he deserves criticism. Of course he might have got away with it. But he didn't and so here we are, still in September and only one competition left for us to win. At least we won't have tired players now. An early exit from the FA Cup would mean us playing at total of only 41 games this season. Not good for finances, not good for prestige, and not good for being able to keep a biggish squad happy with game time. All in all, a total disaster. Let's not kid ourselves it was anything else.

Unbelievable over reactions.

I'm a little shocked.

Yeah it's crap we've been knocked out. But the world isn't over. On another day we'd have won that easy.

Thems the breaks.

We took it as seriously as any other Premier League team did tonight. The fact is that it is simply not possible to play most of our first teamers every game because they will burn out. I am disappointed we are out because it is definitely winnable, but we have more important competitions we need to keep as fresh as possible for.

Oh dear. Well they won't be burnt out this season will they. Even if we were to go all the way in the fA Cup we'd likely only have had 46 games to play!

Going to bed now. I hate it when we lose.

Can we just send in a sick note for next year's League Cup so we don't have to go through this charade yet again?

I didn't ignore them, they simply weren't relevant. You brought up three teams who also compete in Europe and have actually won stuff in the last two decades.

While you're sitting there talking about how 'we're Everton' our trophy cabinet is f***ing empty. Wake up and realise that the League Cup isn't above us whatsoever.

So how are Villa and West Ham not relevant when they are also not in Europe and haven't won anything lately? If anything, they're more relevant to the discussion aren't they? Because it shows that even clubs below our level rest and rotate players in this competition.

It IS a trophy below our stature; it's a trophy you do not allocate resources to attain - instead, you play your squad in it and if you go far then "well done lads, good stuff", but you don't focus on it.

And Cardiff and Hull and Norwich and Southampton etc etc

Also this. ^

Not if you are at a difficult angle and side on to the goal, and also have the opportunity to easily lay it on to a player that is completely free on the edge of the box, in a central position and fully facing the goal.

I'm getting bogged down in a minor detail here.

Deulofeu showed enough to me to guarantee his place on the bench against Newcastle and be a possible game changer in the second half. He just needs to further up his fitness and keep his head up at times to complement his fantastic dribbling and directness.
It is a minor detail but every top striker will always shoot in the box. It is 101 coaching.

So how are Villa and West Ham not relevant when they are also not in Europe and haven't won anything lately? If anything, they're more relevant to the discussion aren't they? Because it shows that even clubs below our level rest and rotate players in this competition.

It IS a trophy below our stature; it's a trophy you do not allocate resources to attain - instead, you play your squad in it and if you go far then "well done lads, good stuff", but you don't focus on it.

Also this. ^

Our stature of zero trophies in nearly two decades and not even getting into Europe anymore.

That stature ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back