Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to win every game we play, but we need to play our fringe players to see if they are up to being able to replace any of our first team with injuried/suspensions. The league is more important than the league cup, so tonight is a better time to do it than our 6th league game of the season.

I can see your logic, but I can't get my head around not taking a competition seriously.

I am quite sure nearly every manager in the country rests players for the COC

Its called giving other players a chance to break into the first team

If Fulham draw City away tomorrow is anyone really going to be arsed about this

Move onto the next.

We can't change this result. It's happened.

Support the team on Monday.

THIS. The result has gone we need to get behind the team monday make loads of noise and hopefully we will bounce back.

Naismith also showed more further up the pitch and running off Lukaku. The problems start when he has to get involved in build up play or intricate play around the box.

Disappointing? Disa f****kin ppointing? F****kin disgraceful more like it. Martinez totally to blame. Great start. Far too slack for the middle third of the game. And that's when the manager should have been making changes. But no, like Moyes before him, he waits until the scoreline has changed before doing anything. What the [Poor language removed] was Heitinga doing on the park? When we gave Fulham the momentum why wasn't our pathetic midfield changed straightaway? And with Mirallas on the bench what sort of genius manager does a shufffle that puts his RB to wide right and leaves his matchwinning winger on the bench until it's too late.

I would beg to differ. He has to take his share of the blame if the substitutions weren't correct or at the correct time. But he had no way of knowing that players would switch off and not mark proven premier league forwards. He's partially to blame but the players have to put their hands up to.

I can see your logic, but I can't get my head around not taking a competition seriously.

We took it as seriously as any other Premier League team did tonight. The fact is that it is simply not possible to play most of our first teamers every game because they will burn out. I am disappointed we are out because it is definitely winnable, but we have more important competitions we need to keep as fresh as possible for.

What about Aston Villa and West Ham, those titans of world football which you ignored accidentally I'm sure.

I didn't ignore them, they simply weren't relevant. You brought up three teams who also compete in Europe and have actually won stuff in the last two decades.

While you're sitting there talking about how 'we're Everton' our trophy cabinet is f***ing empty. Wake up and realise that the League Cup isn't above us whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back