MATCH THREAD: Stoke City vs Everton - Sat 29th July - KO 3pm BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

….played that like it was a pre-season friendly :Blink: A few thoughts;

Thought Onana looked the part. Really positive signs from him.

I wonder if Dyche might see Dobbin as a useful player to have on the bench. He missed a few chances but his speed got him on the end of them.

Branthwaite did well enough, nice flick on leading to the goal. He’ll be one of the main CBs, I’m reasonably sure of that. Only concern for the first games is he hasn’t formed a partnership with Tarkowski and that is key. He’s also only played half a game, next week will tell us more.
I too like the look of Dobbin he has pace and runs in behind worth keeping around the squad considering how weak our options are

I wonder if Dyche might see Dobbin as a useful player to have on the bench. He missed a few chances but his speed got him on the end of them.

Branthwaite did well enough, nice flick on leading to the goal. He’ll be one of the main CBs, I’m reasonably sure of that. Only concern for the first games is he hasn’t formed a partnership with Tarkowski and that is key. He’s also only played half a game, next week will tell us more.
Didnt watch but...

Branthwaite + Tarkowski
Onana + Garner

They should be the partnerships.

We need an attacker to combine with the midfield and forward(s) and a centre forward.

Also, have Holgate and Godfrey got any minutes preseason? Perhaps both out the door?

Agree with all three points. Onana and Branthwaite made a difference and should be starting next weekend, and given the sparse options I think Dobbin is one to keep around for the bench- when you've got 5 subs to play with an injection of pace late on can really help. He's getting the most minutes of the youngsters so it looks like Dyche maybe agrees.

Didnt watch but...

Branthwaite + Tarkowski
Onana + Garner

They should be the partnerships.

We need an attacker to combine with the midfield and forward(s) and a centre forward.

Also, have Holgate and Godfrey got any minutes preseason? Perhaps both out the door?

….Godfrey’s played.

so why aren’t they doing it?

I think a few reasons.

Scrutiny over Moshiri/Usmanov with Russia and Everton FFP.

I think MSP is an issue because of this.

I think Kenwright is a dinosaur/hindrance and Thelwell hasn't got the credentials to be a DOF. Said it last year and I'm saying it again now - we don't have people operating the market who have any proven record of doing so.

But all that said, I think we bring in a couple after we sell Gray.

But then I would have swore we'd bring some in January too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back