MATCH THREAD: Stoke City vs Everton - Sat 29th July - KO 3pm BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the prettiest performance to say the least but I thought we got better as the game wore which is a good sign and all of the young lads who came on made a difference. I thought Branthwaite was the best of the 3 understandably but Onyango held it up well at times with some good lay offs and Dobbin made some clever runs which stretched their defence.

Stoke haven't changed at all still an alehouse team full of big lads who just try and overpower and foul the opposition, if people think we are in trouble this season then based on that they are twice as bad.

I knew that would post would get peoples backs up. Yes I agree but everyone claims Dyche can get the best out of players, knows his tactics… I’ve seen nothing. Last season was shocking and there’s zero improvement.
What was the plan today?
We had no movement, no forward play, we look lost.

i agree mate deffo. but we aren’t good enough as of now

I'd be quite happy with Dobbin taking our lil French snails place from today

Still only 20 but ultimately he was in and out of a Derby team that didn't even finish in the play offs in league one and scored three league goals all season.

Is he even a CF, pretty sure he's another of these wide forward types.

Of the two Cannon is far more ready given he was scoring at a good rate for a top half championship team but seems he's off to Preston again if this club ever signs anyone upfront.

The forward options are a disgrace currently. Comical considering club in exactly the same position as 12 months ago.

Dyche is apparently better than what we had before, I’m not seeing any improvement. Yes we need a striker, but why hasn’t Dyche got the rest of the team playing better? We’ve looked awful this pre season

Cos it's an awful squad with 1 new addition in Danjuma (I don't count Young as he won't play regularly).

Can't polish a turd.

Dyche is apparently better than what we had before, I’m not seeing any improvement. Yes we need a striker, but why hasn’t Dyche got the rest of the team playing better? We’ve looked awful this pre season
Today’s been our worst performance by all accounts, we played some good stuff at both Wigan and Bolton, we just couldn’t score

I think a few reasons.

Scrutiny over Moshiri/Usmanov with Russia and Everton FFP.

I think MSP is an issue because of this.

I think Kenwright is a dinosaur/hindrance and Thelwell hasn't got the credentials to be a DOF. Said it last year and I'm saying it again now - we don't have people operating the market who have any proven record of doing so.

But all that said, I think we bring in a couple after we sell Gray.

But then I would have swore we'd bring some in January too.

it’s all a huge huge gamble.

we should not have anyone near the club who can’t run it.

IF we go down this time

it’s been coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back