MATCH THREAD: Stoke City vs Everton - Sat 29th July - KO 3pm BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people think signing a striker will fix our woes, today’s performance puts two fingers up to that idea. That was very, very poor.

Genuinely wondering who people think will be signed given there's expectations of 8-10th in the season predictions thread.

Last season Brentford finished 9th with 59 points. They scored 58 goals with Toney scoring 20 in 34 league games.

Fulham in 10th finished on 52 points and Mitrovic scored 14 (despite having that long prem ban).

It's a big ask of Danjuma to get anywhere near those figures, he'll end up playing wide with expectation he gets a similar tally to what McNeill did.

Currently this just looks a 36-39 point squad and who knows if that will be enough to stay up. 35 points or below will pretty much mean relegation.

I knew that would post would get peoples backs up. Yes I agree but everyone claims Dyche can get the best out of players, knows his tactics… I’ve seen nothing. Last season was shocking and there’s zero improvement.
What was the plan today?
We had no movement, no forward play, we look lost.

we need 40 1-0 wins

Dyche is apparently better than what we had before, I’m not seeing any improvement. Yes we need a striker, but why hasn’t Dyche got the rest of the team playing better? We’ve looked awful this pre season

he’s obviously better then FL

but that’s about it but again

nobody wanted to come near us

I don’t ever remember us ripping it up pre season ever. I think it’s just a forum for people to vent their angst. I actually thought we looked in much more control of the game with Braithwaite on. I will also stick my neck out and say we will be ok this season, but it won’t be plain sailing.

Still only 20 but ultimately he was in and out of a Derby team that didn't even finish in the play offs in league one and scored three league goals all season.

Is he even a CF, pretty sure he's another of these wide forward types.

Of the two Cannon is far more ready given he was scoring at a good rate for a top half championship team but seems he's off to Preston again if this club ever signs anyone upfront.

The forward options are a disgrace currently. Comical considering club in exactly the same position as 12 months ago.
Still better than Maupay..which aint saying much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back