MATCH THREAD: Stoke City vs Everton - Sat 29th July - KO 3pm BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love to know what they do all week...They show training videos....the cameraman must be there all day as they show at least 3/4passes being made...get to a match and there is zero composure and our passing must be the worst there is..truly awful...

Love to know what they do all week...They show training videos....the cameraman must be there all day as they show at least 3/4passes being made...get to a match and there is zero composure and our passing must be the worst there is..truly awful...

doesn’t matter they don’t learn

As it stands we'd be better with two 6'4" strikers and playing hoofball.
There were times where we looked interested, and at that point the football improved. But, the main takeaway was slow and disinterested play from a few.

Iwobi, who I’ve defended quite relentlessly, was a major culprit of that today. Hopefully, we iron this out over the next fortnight, but I’m dubious.

Dobbin is young and looked eager, but his finishing was wayward at best.

How did Onyango and Dobbin do?

Onyango was tidy but didn't really have much time to make an impact.

Dobbin was one of our better attacking players, but we were awful in that regard so that's damning him with faint praise. He missed a very good chance woefully. But at least he got into a position to score.

How did Onyango and Dobbin do?
Dobbin showed good pace, but missed a solid 2-3 golden opportunities. I personally still think he could be valuable to us this season as a backup option. But yeah not the best showing.

Onyango for me didn't make too much of an impression.

You can bemoan performances but the fact is we have 3 wins from 4 and 3 straight clean sheets from preseason, something that hasn’t happened for a while

Last season - won 2, lost 2
2021/22 - won 3, drew 1, lost 1
2020/21 - won 1, drew 1
2019/20 - won 1, drew 4, lost 1
2018/19 - won 1, drew 2, lost 4
2017/18 - won 2, drew 2
2016/17 - won 3, drew 2, lost 2
2015/16 - won 3, drew 1, lost 3
2014/15 - drew 2, lost 3
2013/14 - won 3, drew 1, lost 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back