MATCH THREAD: Stoke City vs Everton - Sat 29th July - KO 3pm BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
First half was terrible.

But I thought we had some good build up play in the second half, and better forward movement / decision making over getting shots off could have seen us run out handsome winners.

Apart from that - and on the evidence of the second half in isolation - we're probably where we need to be in terms of competitiveness.

Branthwaite impressed as well as Onana. Doucore and Iwobi showed some decent bits of skill. Patterson did what I've been looking for: get goal side and stay awake to danger in behind him.

A CF and a CB and I'd be ok going into the coming season with our squad in terms of avoiding another relegation campaign

Onana sparing blushes there. Shame he might be off, as that ball he whipped into the box for Dobbin shows his quality. Need some strikers innit.

I thought Onana was very very good. Good passing. Would love to see him get involved more in the box.

Branthwaite good.
Danjuma really positive and bright on the ball.
Garner didnt really get into the game
Gana usual self.
McNeill worked hard but nothing really coming off for him.
Maupay, poor as usual (although we CONTINUE to pump long balls to his head)
Iwobi, really poor.
Patterson, dipped with good and bad continously for the game, a more stable 2nd half performance tho
Tarks - just fine
Keane - fine but CANNOT be our first choice partner for tarks
Young - steady, as expected.
Doucoure - run and run but technically poor

I thought Onana was very very good. Good passing. Would love to see him get involved more in the box.

Branthwaite good.
Gana usual self.
Iwobi, really poor.
Patterson, dipped with good and bad continously for the game, a more stable 2nd half performance tho
Tarks - just fine
I'd agree with pretty much all of that except for the silly fouls Onana gives away. And remembering we weren't playing Brighton or Fulham...

Branthwaite good.
Gana usual self.
Iwobi, really poor.
Tarks - just fine
Copy and paste that in different orders for 38 games and you come up with Everton.

We are a long way off being a good side. A long long way.

But this team is 2 good forward options from being comfortably away from relegation troubles.

Its beyond frustrating that we won't address the key position. We're not asking a lot, just a season where we are safe by Easter and its more than achievable with half decent recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back